Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 08 SI and my fans aren’t kicking on like they should. I noticed it was running a little warm and was planning on a coolant flush and refill so after filling I realized the fans weren’t kicking on and the motor started to overheat. I got both sensors to replace and I know where the radiator sensor is but the other I cannot find. Every location that i’ve been told is where the idle air control assist valve is but no sensor with a plug like the replacement I got. I’m waiting on a new radiator to come in and i’ll replace the radiator cts then.

·
Registered
96 civic HX K24a
2,339 Posts
I have an 08 SI and my fans aren’t kicking on like they should. I noticed it was running a little warm and was planning on a coolant flush and refill so after filling I realized the fans weren’t kicking on and the motor started to overheat. I got both sensors to replace and I know where the radiator sensor is but the other I cannot find. Every location that i’ve been told is where the idle air control assist valve is but no sensor with a plug like the replacement I got. I’m waiting on a new radiator to come in and i’ll replace the radiator cts then.
Did you try jumping the fan switch connector to see if they kick on ? Take a paper clip and put an end into each side of the clip with key on and it should make them come on if your wiring is good.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you try jumping the fan switch connector to see if they kick on ? Take a paper clip and put an end into each side of the clip with key on and it should make them come on if your wiring is good.

I have not yet. I’ll try that when I go to replace the radiator.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Since we are on this topic, may i know what is the temperature for the radiator fan to start operating ? 93 celsius ? Or 100 ?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts