Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I would share some pics of my car with you guys and put together a mod list........ive used this site so much that I figured I would post some pics of the final product.:up:

This car is setup for DRAG......not show. So I dont have the expensive paint job, wire tuck, or crazy jdm wheels. But it's my car and I love it:D

I still need to get the car aligned and lowered (which will happen at the same time) as well as some other things I would like to finish before it hits the track

How she looked when I first bought her as a shell:

Everything almost done (Install was performed by Jerry of Jerrybuilt here in Socal):

Mounting the slicks:

Slicks mounted:

How she sits:

Engine:
K20A Type R Motor
Hasport motor mounts
SSR 4-2-1 header
Hondata intake manifold gasket
Golden Eagle fuel rail
Aeromotive fuel pressure regulator
Aeromotive fuel filter
Autolink fuel pressure gauge
Full-Race radiator
Samco RSX hoses
K-tuned radiator mounting brackets
K-tuned swivel neck thermostat housing
Karcepts pulley relocation kit
Custom 3 inch intake

Transmission:
6 speed Type R LSD

Shifting:
Karcepts shifter relocation kit
Skunk2 shift knob
Revo short shift box

Suspension:
Omnipower coilovers
Skunk2 front camber kit
Skunk2 lower control arms

Brakes:
DA integra front brakes
Earls SS brake lines (front)

Wheels and Tires:
23x8x13 M&H slicks (front)
Exospeed/Lenso VPD 13x7.5 (front)
22x3.6x15 M&H skinnies (rear)
Exospeed/Lenso XPD-R 15x3.5 (rear)

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
looks great man:up: i wanted to mount my fpr the same way on my eg but it was gonna hit the hood with the fuel pressure gauge in it. where is your gauge located?

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
looks great man:up: i wanted to mount my fpr the same way on my eg but it was gonna hit the hood with the fuel pressure gauge in it. where is your gauge located?
My gauge is located in one of the slots under the cluster......It fit perfectly in the little slot. Ill try to get pics up tomorrow.:up:

·
Super Moderator
26,616 Posts
So this is what my crx would of looked like if I painted it yellow...........

·
Super Moderator
26,616 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So this is what my crx would of looked like if I painted it yellow...........
Im actually getting used to the color and starting to like it.....I just wanna get the body kit redone because who ever installed it did a horrible job:down:

The hood is a Fiber images.......and the battery is bolted in. The box I used was from Odyssey.

I always receive compliments on the hood prop LOL:p The Fiberimages hood doesnt have a slot to put the stock hood prop:( so I had to improvise for now :D

And here's some more pics of the interior (fuel pressure gauge, Kpro, and fuel filter)

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
arent you concerned with the fact that if you ever change the fuel filter its inside the car near all that wiring? gauge is in a nice place tho:up:

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
arent you concerned with the fact that if you ever change the fuel filter its inside the car near all that wiring? gauge is in a nice place tho:up:
Yes it does kinda bother where its at right now, so most likely I will have Jerry relocate it inside the engine bay or find a way to keep all that wiring away from the filter itself........I also will probably relocate the FPR also.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Not a fan of the Yellow, I hear CRXs in yellow always have some "curse" on them...but regardless, its a CRX and its a K, I could overlook the color of the car :)

Nice job!

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Eit!!
You could take pictures more details of you SSR Header Installed in you car?
I want buy one!!
I have a CRX SI With Innovation Mounts !! (http://www.innovativemounts.com/)
You know if the SSR Header Fit in my Swap ?

purchased the rywire? or is custom?
What would you like to see pictures of specifically? It would probably be best to call SSR and find out if it will work the innovative mount kit:up:

And yes, I purchased the Rywire harness directly from Rywire

Not a fan of the Yellow, I hear CRXs in yellow always have some "curse" on them...but regardless, its a CRX and its a K, I could overlook the color of the car :)

Nice job!
The "curse" you are talking about is for color code Y-49 crxs (stock yellow from the factory) which this one is not.....its a cheap paint job from the previous owner that is already peeling:down: Plus Im mostly gonna be using this car for drag racing and wont be driving it too much on the street:cool: The car needs a new body kit and paint job which I will take care of last cause all I care about at this point is going fast:dance::D

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
HOLY CRAP! It's been more than a year since I've updated this:eek: Here's some pics from the last year and pics leading up to its current state.

On Jmags, leaving a car show

3 inch exhaust

1st pass with car at Irwindale Dragstrip

Waiting to get into Bakersfield

In the burnout box

Old shifter setup

New shifter setup

Kirkey seat

New steering wheel with short hub and quick release

Getting a lil street action in ;)

NEW Stuff that needs to be put on.....

The car with the front end off

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Some pics of my friend and I taking the wiring out of the car........gonna go with a switch panel setup and custom milspec harness. And yes that fuel filter under the dash has been removed:rolleyes: no more fire hazard:silly:

Holy rats nest batman!

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Progress pics.........

Fuel tank is gone, gonna run a 1 gallon fuel cell now

Test fitting the hatch, plus took out rear bumper support

Fits good

With the lexan (test fitting)

Omnipower coil overs, Skunk2 camber kit, ARP extended studs

Lexan installed in the hatch

Rear bumper back on with support removed, still deciding on how to mount the hatch.....

O, and heres a snapshot of the new goodies which includes:
Water Temp Gauge
Voltmeter
A/F Ratio Gauge
Tachometer w/mini shift light
Fuel Cell (1 gallon)

my new fuel pump w/ wiring kit

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm gonna take some new pics soon since I've gotten alot new parts in and have been just trying to get everything together before I start putting her back together.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts