Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any rumors or news if anybody is going to make K20 mounts for the EF? I've only seen one crx wit the swap on honda-tech.com. but the motor sits to high, don't get me wrong here the guy did pretty good and I think he was the first to do this swap on a rex. His is prob for drag. but I want mine to be driven to work and go to the strip on weekends. I've been on google searching for hours for mounts for the EF. so if you find some kind of mounts for the EF. let me and other EFers know about the mount.

Peace

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've seen a couple places that have the k motor mounted in the car, but not sure of the mounts. I'll look around and see what I can find and post it up.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm helping out friends that want the swap done in there car, b/c there to lazy to look on the computer. C-Zero quit being an ass!

·
Registered
182 Posts
I would like to hear about this.
i hope someone does come out with a K-swap kit for the EF.
i am going to hold off on my B-series swap project until i fond out if this will happen or not.

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
JDMboy said:
I would like to hear about this.
i hope someone does come out with a K-swap kit for the EF.
i am going to hold off on my B-series swap project until i fond out if this will happen or not.
Thats going to be a long time, doubt it will be a bolt in.

·
Registered
182 Posts
hmmmmmm......that sux :(
well i guess i will play around with the B-series until it comes out then just sell my set up.
hopefully it dont take that long
SOMEONE GET THE BALL ROLLIN FOR THE EF"s!!!!
peace

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hi all
there is 2 co. going to make the mounts for the crx.
for like 1990-1991
I know HAsport was thinking of doing it.
And http://www.hybrid-racing.com/
I was trying to get a K24 in my crx befor NOPI Nats.
But they want too much and I dont think the car will be done the way I want to make it there.

I can have any mount made there has to be dmand for them.
There is parts I am trying to make but its not worth it yet.

Well good luck. If I hear any thing I will post.

·
Registered
4 Posts
It's not a problem to make mounts for the engine to sit in the car. The problem is achieving good placement. The engine either sits too high and you can't close the hood, or it sits to low and is dangerous for the oil pan. The k24 is even worse because it is 20mm higher than the k20.

·
Banned
320 Posts
dude everyone seriously get over the damn hood. is this seriously a big issue for everyone? modify your hood, have a custom one made, just leave a fat hole in it like Pacman, whatever.

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
909edge said:
dude everyone seriously get over the damn hood. is this seriously a big issue for everyone? modify your hood, have a custom one made, just leave a fat hole in it like Pacman, whatever.
I concur.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts