Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question about the ac system in the crx. I removed the ac box to make more room for under dash goodies but it looks like the black ac box needs to be there. Does anybody know if the heat will still work if I remove the entire box?

·
Registered
563 Posts
the heat wont work without the box that contains the fan and i'm pretty sure the fan is on the ac side. I hate that i removed all of mine but the brake tuck looks pretty good in its place. Dont drive it too much in the winter though

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I didnt see a fan but then I didnt look to closely. I was thinking about running some kind of tubing but this wont work if Im missing the fan! Ill check that out tomorrow, and yes a brake, fuse box and wire tuck will outweigh having heat.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I think the box you are talking about is the evaporator box. Thats the link between the fan and the rest of the HVAC ducting. If you can get to a junkyard, find a CRX w/o a/c and rip the glove box out. There will be a duct there that is connected with *IIRC* 2 screws holding it in. Take that and you have working heat.

BTW, you can't use the duct from a Civic, because for some reason the CRX evaporator box is smaller compared to the Civic box.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts