Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Here's the results from the dyno on the #63452-2 cams (Stage 2) along with the newly designed KPro map tuned specifically for these cams.

Car was stock except for Injen CAI and exhaust, Toda headers, Crower spring/retainer kit and KPro. Baseline with CAI, header, exhaust map was 211 HP, with Stage 2 cams and the corresponding Hondata map, the end result was 234 HP.

I said it on ClubRSX, I'll say it here...we tested bigger duration profiles on this setup (a typical street engine) and did not see any gains in HP or rpm. It is my opinion that Stage 3 cams or similar are needed only if running higher compression and aftermarket manifold or ITB's.

You can run the Stage 2 cams on the OEM dual spring setup if you're looking to save a few dollars, but only up to 8900 rpm before valve float occurs.

Thanks,

Brian

Attachments

·
Registered
748 Posts
Awesome! simply awesome!!

Can't wait to dynotune my Bigblock! aswell I'll release the map, aswell if but the combination may require some refinements ;)

Just a couple more boxes from mr. fedex man :)

*rubs hands together with evil laughter* :up: :up:

·
Banned
1,180 Posts
fasterthenU said:
was the motor tuned to 234 or that was the base map from the 211???
Good question!

·
Registered
41 Posts
V8KO said:
I dont think that is correct, I believe that number is untuned, correct me if I am wrong Brian. It would be pointless to tune the car with the stock cams and then retune them with another basemap for the stage 2's. Remember, tuning is $150 an hour at Church's.

·
Registered
324 Posts
samsrsx said:
I dont think that is correct, I believe that number is untuned, correct me if I am wrong Brian.
That's what I want to know.

samsrsx said:
It would be pointless to tune the car with the stock cams and then retune them with another basemap for the stage 2's. Remember, tuning is $150 an hour at Church's.
The point of tuning the stock cams is to compare the new cams to the stock ones. For all we know this could have like 230 stock w/bolt ons(very unlikely). So how do we know how much power this is making over stock?

And these are really good numbers!

·
Registered
45 Posts
This weekend I will be tuning my same set-up on a dynapack with the same exact mods on a k20a2 and i will give the #'s untuned with stock cams, tuned with stock cams, untuned with Crowers' and tuned with Crowers'......I have confidence in Brian and his product! This will be with the VTC function active.

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
this tune is for 91 octane fuel? is it possible adapt this kpro tune for use it with 95 or 98 octane fuel? i'm novice in this... it's very difficult?
You have to have a good tuner... Not something a novice should try and do themselves

By the way this thread is 3 years old might get a better responce with a more recent topic :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.