Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well I thought I had better edit this to say a very special thanks to the team at Speed Factor in New Zealand. The Speed Factor team especially the Doctor Lyn Chen worked for 5 days straight on the car to get it ready in time. Myself and Lyn spent 14+hrs on friday reassembling the motor and installing it back in the car. My car would not be anywhere as near as good as it is without there help and for that I owe them alot of thanks.. :up: :up:
With a few long hours and long days of stressful work in the past the dyno results are in. One day before the car returns to the track for a full noise comp meet. (fingers crossed it doesnt break anything)
Without any real adjustment avaliable to us in the cams we decided to leave them as they we had set them up. Due to very minimal clearance issues probably related to the K20A instead of using a K20A2. So with some mild fuel adjustments (about a 10% increase) we got the car running smooth.
Needless to say without VTC running in the car we still have good power.
We saw an increase of 40whp and up to 20ft lbs of torque in places.

Mods that where already on the car,
Stock block and head,
Toda VTC killer cam gears,
TWM ITB's
DTR-FAB header, with megaphone muffler,
Link Plus programmable ECU.

Mods we added.
Mild porting, Inlet was port matched to the ITB's and the exhaust had some more mild work done.
Crower stage 2 3/4 K20A2 cams, Crower Vavles, springs, retainers and lockers.
New Factory head gasket. and an oil change..

·
Banned
15,811 Posts
Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg

·
Banned
320 Posts
So when are you going back to the track?

I am curious to see what happens with your 4th-5th shifting issue, as I assume you will get to the top of 4th quicker/earlier due to the extra power, I wonder how much earlier, and what the result will be with you finishing the 1/4 in 5th...

·
Banned
320 Posts
non vtec said:
Provided the weather is good we will hit the track in about 18hrs. so keep your eyes open results will be posted shortly after I get home. so maybe 30-32hrs from now..
my watch is syncronized and I've started the countdown :) lol

seriously though we are all rooting for you man!

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
the VTC is useless..
I have less than 2 degrees of VTC timing available. THIS IS NOT A K20A2 the cams are not designed for this motor. There has been no Japanese companies release cams for the K20A my guess is the clearance issues.. I have about half the recommended minimum clearance. we actually expected to see the vavles to go through the bonnet when the car was started..

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yeah its the DC5R motor. the Link Plus is a local New Zealand Computer which is a complete rewireable unit. it doesnt have VTC functions in it but the New systen they are releasing soon does. I have a complete wiring loom of about 20 wires in my whole car if that.. saves alot of weight. the main reason for me going to the Link Plus was that the Hondata K-Pro was unavailable at the time I started building my car.
But now that I have almost no VTC adjustablity anyway its not really any loss.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
well the track was absolute crap today. I think I could of pushed my car of the line. I ran a best 60ft of 1.759 instead of my usual 1.55-1.61's the car how ever trapped at over 116mph, I was down my more than 0.3's on my best half track times but still managed to run 11.8's @ 115-116mph. the potential is there just on a better track, today we didnt really have any VHT Prep on the track.
Also due to the rus of getting the car finished I had to remove my Air shroud due to the lack of filters and the number of stones we have in our pits, so I beleive the car was running abit off.. But hey its racing..

1 - 20 of 72 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.