Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My oil pressure sensor housing cracked and was leaking oil everywhere. I took the motor out and it’s a pretty deep crack no welder could fix it. I’ve been looking for a k24a block but have no luck so I’m looking into k24a2 I’m pretty new to the Honda scene so I don’t know that much about the k series

·
Super Moderator
2002 DC5 Type S
2,099 Posts
@Greedydubs Welcome to the forum sir. I would suggest, and some other members may disagree with me, simply b/c I know more about the K20 than the K24 - All of the K24 blocks from 2004-2008 should be interchangeable with a USDM K24a blocks. @LotusElise @KBuilt @Brotatochip should know the answer to this question of yours.

Please take a picture with the flash so we can see how bad the oil sensor housing crack is. I would like to see how bad the crack is and how the crack possibly could have formed and if it maybe fixable. I am a welder and fabricator, I maybe be able to brainstorm something sir. Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Go with a K24a2 block from a TSX so you get the correct pistons, rods, crank, bearings, oil squirters, etc....all the important bottom end parts that match the JDM K24a. US spec CRV(K24a1), Element(K24a4/K24a8) and Accord(K24a4/K24a8) motors don't have those upgraded components like the TSX K24a2 and you'll run into a lot of tolerance spec issues if you don't use the correct block. IE: piston to valve clearance among other things...

·
Registered
441 Posts
The big issue is whether yours has the oil cooler or not - many of the US blocks don't have the casting drilled for that. If you don't have the oil cooler, then I think it's easier to locate one. I had to get a second JDM motor because I needed the port & couldn't locate a US market version.

Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive exterior

1 - 7 of 7 Posts