Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 08 civic SI FA5 and the z3 has been abused prior to (and after) my purchase of the car, I need to replace it but can’t pull together the cash for another z3 atm what can I slap in to get me by?

·
Registered
97 civic HX K24a
1,872 Posts
I have a 08 civic SI FA5 and the z3 has been abused prior to (and after) my purchase of the car, I need to replace it but can’t pull together the cash for another z3 atm what can I slap in to get me by?
You could do a jdm k24a tsx motor , pretty common replacement lately since the 2.0 motors are expensive and hard to find (even if you find one it probably has 150xxx on it and has been beaten )
This is where I got my engine from , arrived super clean and has been running great straight off the pallet.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You could do a jdm k24a tsx motor , pretty common replacement lately since the 2.0 motors are expensive and hard to find (even if you find one it probably has 150xxx on it and has been beaten )
This is where I got my engine from , arrived super clean and has been running great straight off the pallet.
And all I would need to do is transfer pumps, crv brack and sensors etc… and have it tuned right my z3 trans will work

·
Registered
561 Posts
@Turbo2763 Welcome to K20a.org the home of the K20 and K24, providing knowledge and circulating knowledge since 2003. KBuilt will get you straight on what you need to do. He is a smart guy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts