Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

totally new to all this so please bear with me.

i've seen prices for all parts but they're all in USD.

with the changing rates and whatnot (and my stupidity), i was wondering if anyone could supply some solid figures on how much a swap will cost in AUD?

any help would be appreciated, i mean, this is what the aus/nz section is for right?

Pat.

·
Premium Member
564 Posts
hey pat exactly wat vehicle do you plan to do the engine swap on?

A good healthy budget is around 15-20g($AUD) supplied and fitted :wow:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Into a 2000 model Integra GSi.
Always wanted a bit more power in the car but can't put an older B series engine in due to legal reasons (correct me if i'm wrong though, it's just what i've read) so i might as well go with the K. I'm still reading up alot on it though, i have a mate who is very "car literate" so we will be doing the install.

looking at using the k20a2 engine

Pat.

·
Premium Member
564 Posts
in regards to putting a B series in there i should see no problem thou who ever is telling u this must be wacked
dont listen everything that ppl tell u find out from many others as possible.

K series is the bomb but it sure does cost a packet K series engines/halfcuts costing anywhere from $8000- $10 000 :wow:

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
you can get 00.01 b18c's. Better than a b16a. So much cheaper than a K. That is unless you are willing to spend some cash :D

K20a2 you should get for somewhere between $6-8k minus any postage costs etc. Then you will need many items such as mounts, pnp harness, axles, radiator setup, fuel setup, clutch line, throttle cable, new fluids.. blah blah the list goes on.

I reckon allow 15-20k as snoop_gee said.
You could do a b18c for half this cost most likely.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
snoop_gee said:
why would any1 do this?!?!

i can understand newer engine in a older chassis but not the other way around :confused:
well, 2000 model chassis with a goo condition 98 year model engine?

the reason i asked is cause i think i'd rather spend the extra dosh to get a better newer engine than a 2000+ b18c engine

make sense?

·
Premium Member
564 Posts
sort of man heheh :rolleyes:

im am a simple guy so u got to explain it simple

if its a 2000 model car i would never put a 98 engine even thou its more powerful than the existing 2000 modelled engine!

I can however understand as i mentioned before if u looked for a 2000+ engine!
But why would you looking @ b18c's anyway go the next generation in vtec and go i-vtec K series!

B series is so like last season :silly: heheh

·
Registered
28 Posts
I don't want to believe that the swaps could cost that much, there are so many accord euros on the road with k24a2's in them.

I have a sudden urge to work for honda instead of merc :p

1 - 16 of 16 Posts