Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm working on a k swap into an EG and just wanted to know if anyone had deleted their heated core.

I can't seem to find a plug to fit the threads for the water neck coming out the back of the head. Also i don't yet see a way to plug the hard line coming from the thermostat housing.

Any info. on this would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
yeah, i did it in my ek.

the 2 coolant lines that go off the back of the motor to the heater core...just loop them.

dont try plugging the line at the tstat...you need the coolant to still flow through the system.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
dont try plugging the line at the tstat...you need the coolant to still flow through the system.
Most definetly! The T-stat will not work correctly without it.

·
Registered
697 Posts
I'm working on a k swap into an EG and just wanted to know if anyone had deleted their heated core.

I can't seem to find a plug to fit the threads for the water neck coming out the back of the head. Also i don't yet see a way to plug the hard line coming from the thermostat housing.

Any info. on this would be greatly appreciated.
To plug the the water neck coming out of the back of the head you can use the plug near the cams on the B series head. It is allen head plug. Perfect threads. Don't forget to use crush washer.

We built an aluminum plug for the T-stat. I'll dig up some pictures.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Look at it this way. This line is meant for heater core. When you shut your heater, what do you think you do? It close that line with a valve!

Where is this valve? I threw away my heater cores / blower from the dash. I'll check it out in the Helms though :)

·
Premium Member
1,851 Posts
Any heater hose will work for looping, AS LONG as it has a "pre-bent" section in it that is almost a 180 degree bend. If it is not "pre-bent" or formed, then it will kink and restrict flow....guess it really doesnt matter if it restricts flow or not though. On thing to keep in mind is that if you keep you hard line, it is a slightly different size than the port on the head. I'm pretty sure that it is the black hard line that is a little larger so your hose will fit very tight on there, so tight that my buddy did not even run a clamp of ANY sort on his:wow:

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
hmm, so what are the benefits of this?
Benefits of deleting the entire a/c & heater system? Plugging the ends? Looping the system?

Is it "A" and "A" in the pic that are being looped?

If so, you can see in the pic the left is quite larger than the right :dance:

If anyone has the part number for the hose post it up :up: :up:

1 - 20 of 133 Posts