Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know if there are standard parts i can substitute that will allow me to remove the Air con compressor and the power steering pump - but still run the alternator and waterpump on the K20A

just thinking some K20 variants will not have AC and possibly even some without PS?

or has anyone else done this before ?

my swap doesnt have room for them.

thanks!!

garz

·
GoldStar
2,657 Posts
or you could just remove your a/c pump, use a ep3 idler pully in place of the p/s pump and get a shorter belt. this way you'll save yourself hundreds of dollars. :D

·
Registered
329 Posts
98specR said:
or you could just remove your a/c pump, use a ep3 idler pully in place of the p/s pump and get a shorter belt. this way you'll save yourself hundreds of dollars. :D
You can run it without the idler pulley just need a aem civic si alternator pulley and the correct belt and set tension with nuts and washers :up:

·
GoldStar
2,657 Posts
Dc5itracer said:
You can run it without the idler pulley just need a aem civic si alternator pulley and the correct belt and set tension with nuts and washers :up:
yes this is also a posibility. there should be a picture somewhere on the site.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Yeah ep3 idler pulley and shorter belt. There was a post on here somewhere with the part numbers and even a pic.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.