Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys this is probably a thread already but search engine sucks so i figured id get everyones opinion...in everyones personal encounters, what do you guys find is the best oil??
what sparked my curiosity: my buddy has a 08 civic si, he recently switched over from conventional to mobil 1 synthetic.. after the oil change the car ran horrible, slugish, noisey, ect.. i mean rough!! so he drained it back out and replaced it with conventional oil and it ran perfect again....i was considering changing to synthetic or atleast partial but im not sure now...please feel free to offer any opinions, all are welcome! thanks guys!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i once read a test on conventional oil products and like the 3rd best on the list was supertech wal-mart brand! lmao...boy do i feel stupid i thought running castrol gtx was better than most of the other retail brands lol.. the nearest eneos dealer is 111 miles from my house...f*ck

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Amsoil, Eneos, Royal Purple; I wouldn't use anything else, Honda OEM for Break in.
All you need to know right there.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
I have tried almost all of them(except redline) and the oil I prefer is the Amsoil 5w40.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts