Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Banned
15,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

As you probably know, hondata announced that soon it will have in stock a tunable solution for the 06+ Civic Si as well as the european and japanese Type r civics. It will just use the obd2 scan port to flash the car with the selected tune and will have the ability to datalog through a program similar to Kmanager.

At first glance, this is going to be a good upgrade for people that own 06+ civics and want to actually start exploring upgrades beyond pulleys, header, intake etc..

In my opinion, the announcement of the Hondata Flashpro marks the end of an era.

This basically means that there is a real alternative other than using crx, civic, dc2 etc Sure the older hondas are cheaper to buy and are lighter but I cannot ignore the fact that many people will consider getting a high milleage 06 Si for around $8 to $10000 and swap a powerfull motor in there while maintaining all the new OEM goodness and comfortness...

Personally, I think a SI sedan with a nice k24a pumping out around 280whp would do the trick for me or maybe supercharged.

With 3 kids, I cannot really enjoy my Kswap EG as much anymore because there is no way for the beast to get civilized. Now, I think I see a light at the end of the tunnel.

It will probably not look like the Mugen Advanced concept, but I am pretty certain that it will make more power :p

Thank you Hondata for pulling me back in before I was completelly out of the building..

I am not saying that I will sell both of my EGs and go find a Si.. Maybe just one.. hahah All I am saying is that now I can have a real comfortable daily driver that is good performer...

Anyone else feeling like this? Or am I alone? I knew of custom tuning solutions for the Si existed, I just didnt feel like messing and cutting the wiring of a new OEM car that most people still owe money to at the bank

·
Banned
15,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes, also looking forward for the ROTREX solution that will retain A/C... With a few upgrades here and there, easy 400whp that would translate into almost 250 HP gain over stock!!! I think that gain would be felt.

·
Registered
262 Posts
yes, also looking forward for the ROTREX solution that will retain A/C... With a few upgrades here and there, easy 400whp that would translate into almost 250 HP gain over stock!!! I think that gain would be felt.
That Kraftworks kit a is bad ass me and rookiepains put one in my cousins k24/k20 with skunk 2 stage 3 cams everything else was stock it made 435hp 275tq on a dynojet with no sweat.

·
Registered
3,778 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,437 Posts
For me it doesnt really change anything. My CRX weighs ~800lbs less than the FG coupe I have and although the newer car is far far more refined etc it just doesnt give me a shit-eating grin that you would get with the old light Hondas. The newer cars are smooth, heavy and have lots of sound deadening, where-as the CRX is light, loud, raw. I think the Flash-Pro is a win-win situation for everyone and I dont really see it affecting the "hybrid" swaps too much. People will still want to shoehorn the big K motors into smaller chassis.

·
Premium Member
26,614 Posts
For me it doesnt really change anything. My CRX weighs ~800lbs less than the FG coupe I have and although the newer car is far far more refined etc it just doesnt give me a shit-eating grin that you would get with the old light Hondas. The newer cars are smooth, heavy and have lots of sound deadening, where-as the CRX is light, loud, raw. I think the Flash-Pro is a win-win situation for everyone and I dont really see it affecting the "hybrid" swaps too much. People will still want to shoehorn the big K motors into smaller chassis.
Same here..

I would take the newer 2dr4dr/ civic and try to make it into a racecar with 500+hp on it..... Daily drive those things and call it a day... Unless you buy that car and already have another for your DD

·
Registered
37 Posts
How hard would it be to swap a k20z3 into a 2006 Civic base? with the R18 in it? Are they using the same mounting points? What about electronics like interior harness?
it's pretty difficult, engine mounts would have to be custom along with other things. new si's are going for 19k where im at.

i to thank hondata for finally releasing this product, 2009 is def. a good year for me!

·
Registered
3,778 Posts
it's pretty difficult, engine mounts would have to be custom along with other things. new si's are going for 19k where im at.

i to thank hondata for finally releasing this product, 2009 is def. a good year for me!
I posted a thread of a guy who did it you use 06+ si parts! Not that big of deal especially with flash pro! :up:

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
Can this thing not be used on the odler ECU's? Could you not use this and an OEM ECU instead of a K-pro on a swapped car?

·
Premium Member
1,774 Posts
This just means I'll have to keep an eye out for some nasty 8th gen SIs. Up until now i've beat up on them indiscriminantly. :silly:

However, I'm really glad that this finally happened. It gives parts makers the incentive to continue to develop for th K-series platform.

·
Registered
96 Posts
well..

Civic Si.. FD version come in R18, K20z2.

the the engine is interchangable between the 2 chassis..

the mounting of the chassis is the same..

Our side is already testing Flashpro..
glad to say, it work fine and good.

for me, swap my miserable K20 -> nikos K24,
flash with the flashpro and its good to go..
now running very smoothly
it can even be use to adjust the rev cut, and the DBW..

yeah..

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.