Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone using the comptech tsx header in their swap?? i found it for 500 shipped, seems like a better choice than a hasport header or even the dc tsx header, but is the extra money worth it? or would it be even better to spend a lil more and go r crew or dtr?? im on a tight budget here..

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
JDM96SpecCTR said:
anyone using the comptech tsx header in their swap?? i found it for 500 shipped, seems like a better choice than a hasport header or even the dc tsx header, but is the extra money worth it? or would it be even better to spend a lil more and go r crew or dtr?? im on a tight budget here..
Personally I think you would be better off going with something a little more $.

The only issue with most of teh TSX headers is that when used in the K swaps they hang real low...

It's probly a good header, but it is going to be hanging down there. Your oil pan is already going to be pretty low but why have more things hanging around down there to get ripped off?

Or you could just buy it and mod it... Cut it to fit if you know someone that is decent welder...

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
nikos said:
I would think the hasport is way better then the comptech.
wow really? ive been told by a few people to stay away from the hasport header cuz it sucks and save for something like r crew or dtr....

·
F1 Junky
2,017 Posts
I'm running the Comptech TSX header, the ground clearance is great. I'll opt for the DTR later after the suspension's finished.

·
Premium Member
9,293 Posts
I bought a brand new tsx header for 260 so not bad.

I don't have the cash to shell out 300-500 for a racing header yets.

·
Registered
24 Posts
i would go with the dtr for the simple fact that the comptech isnt made for the k2oa that is put in an eg or ek it was made to go in the tsx. comptech makes great quality stuff but, when you try and use something that isnt desighned to fit your application of course there are going to be problems like fitment, clearence, size etc...... also if i went with dtr i would have to get a race header but thats just me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.