Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
well i guess not... how bout them steelers?
The only one that will clear the hood without modification is if you use the EP3 JRSC. You can use the DC5 JRSC kit if you modify radiator supports or something like that. So your option for bolt on kits is EP3 JRSC eaton unit. You can always try the new Kraftwerks kit, but it requires assembly yourself I think. Redshift and Blueprint superchargers aren't out yet. Comptech/CT-Engineering never released one for the EP3. So yes, for ease you're really down to JRSC for EP3 or DC5 depending on which one you feel like doing.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i was dreading that. i wonder what the difference in hp gain would be if i went with the de-assembled one... redshift & blueprint.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I depends what S/C they use. You need to weight out the options of what you want. I have a JRSC that was on a K20a3, i was running the race kit. 8-9PSI, HONDATA reflash, 440cc injectors on the dyno it put down 227 WHP. it is a linear gain with the Eaton Blower, where as a centifical (Rotax) will give you more of a spike like a turbo setup. you'll probly like how the JRSC feels, if not do a Turbo setup.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok do you still have the a3 block in your ep3 or the a2, cause i thought the a2 starts at around 207hp stock? and i was thinking bout the eaton by jrsc but something makes me want to get a twin screw sc.

·
Registered
962 Posts
ok do you still have the a3 block in your ep3 or the a2, cause i thought the a2 starts at around 207hp stock? and i was thinking bout the eaton by jrsc but something makes me want to get a twin screw sc.
the block castings are the same on all k20 motors, its the internals that are different. The blower you are going to want is one made for the EP3 as its made for hood and radiator clearance.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i wanted to know if it would fit in the ep3, but i am going with a eg swap now ...lighter cheaper anyways thanks guys:up:

·
Registered
238 Posts
Well it shouldn't be about the blower itself. It's probably about the blower manifold that's custom made. The M62 blowers should all be more or less the same. If you're getting an uber cheap deal, just hack the **** away and make that shit fit. Then sand and paint the places you cut off so it's smooth and looks pretty much stock.

EG FTMFW. JRSC manifold + Twinscrew + Nitrous + aftercooler....Have fun. Build the block and run a 150 shot. Turbo's won't have shit on you.

I'm talking a lot of shit though.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The only one that will clear the hood without modification is if you use the EP3 JRSC. You can use the DC5 JRSC kit if you modify radiator supports or something like that. So your option for bolt on kits is EP3 JRSC eaton unit. You can always try the new Kraftwerks kit, but it requires assembly yourself I think. Redshift and Blueprint superchargers aren't out yet. Comptech/CT-Engineering never released one for the EP3. So yes, for ease you're really down to JRSC for EP3 or DC5 depending on which one you feel like doing.
Comptech does make a supercharger for the ep3

1 - 11 of 11 Posts