Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i just finished installing a competition stg 4 clutch with 11.5 fly wheel on my 06 rsx. The car drives fine but the clutch engages really low. I have the pedal practically slammed to the floor and as soon as i start to let off its starting to engage. Is there anyway to adjust this???

·
IMAKEBOOSTATIDLE
6,916 Posts
behind the pedal is a rod...with a nut on it...untighten it. then move the rod to adjust the engagement. then tighten it back up.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Just about avery stage 4 clutch I have installed requires a washer to be placed behind the throwout pivot ball regardless of pedal adjustment.

Since we started adding them as a routine when installing the stage 3 and 4 pressure plates we have had ZERO issues with blown hydraulics and low pedal engagement.

These clutchs have a shorter installed height that the hydraulics can not fully compensate for.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Just about avery stage 4 clutch I have installed requires a washer to be placed behind the throwout pivot ball regardless of pedal adjustment.

Since we started adding them as a routine when installing the stage 3 and 4 pressure plates we have had ZERO issues with blown hydraulics and low pedal engagement.

These clutchs have a shorter installed height that the hydraulics can not fully compensate for.
I have used this procedure and it has worked great for me.

·
Registered
457 Posts
never heard of that, course I am new to this. What does it do, make engagement higher? I am running a stage 2 pressure plate with a stage 4 clutch, I have the ironman one. Reason is I ruined the stage 2 due to being first stick car. Would I benefit any from this? Mine engages bout 3/4way out though, so would there be no benefit?

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
It is for use with stage 3-4 pressure plates for the most part. I have yet to see the issue with a stage2 pressure plate.

·
Registered
457 Posts
what does it do? Would it help the issue I have of disengaging the clutch before I am fully into gear like I do from time to time, actually seldom now, but use to be alot.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
It will move the engagement point from right at the floor to the middle of the pedal stroke. This may help your issue, if your hand/foot timing is off a bit, or you dont fully depress the clutch pedal.

·
Registered
457 Posts
as often as I seem to be taking my tranny out, I will try this for a few races to see how it does, thanks. Cause I do have timing issues.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts