Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So we have confirmed in my introduction thread that I have a 2005 si with the k20a2, with k20a2 head swapped from the rsx type s. 5 speed Trans, and stock type s ECU. Doesn't have any aftermarket ECU additions and isn't tuned, etc.

So far I have the following codes.
Netbook Cloud Sky Automotive lighting Gadget

Cloud Communication Device Output device Gadget Flat panel display

Communication Device Font Rectangle Mobile device Gadget

I had brought it to a shop recently and he said he replaced the canister. I do have to say I think the fuel smell doesn't exist anymore, but the code hasn't turned off. Even after disconnecting the battery (which I'm assuming would soft reset the codes), they remain. I haven't tried physically deleting the code, but I assumed the shop mechanic would have done that anyway.

The map sensor one seems to not come on unless I rev close to the red line area (~7k+ rpm). It currently doesn't show, but I haven't reved it real high recently. I'm curious if I can reproduce this.

Otherwise as some other person suggested, I have taken some readings from the live OBD2 data, at idle (not including wide open because I don't think I did it right, and I don't want to get yelled at O'Reilly's).

Here's video of OBD2 at idle:

Any help pointing me in a right direction or helping me understand these issues is appreciated.

Thanks!
Matt

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's one thought I've had before, I suppose I could check if the sensor has a part number I can lookup. On this note however, I'm assuming my throttle body is for the type s motor, but haven't been able to confirm the part.

Could a slightly different throttle body assembly mess anything up, or would it generally be the same between k20a3 vs k20a2?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
To be fair, I think I've seen the map sensor reading to be above 11 inhg, but not sure if that was at idle. From that description above and my procedure I remember doing at O'Reilly's the other day, maybe this checks out for a bad sensor.

Btw sometimes the idle rpm goes up and down, so these pictures could be at idle? I can't remember.

I haven't touched the tps since getting the car, unless the mechanic did something when doing other work. Should I check this component too? I haven't seen any tps error codes so far
Product Telephony Communication Device Gadget Audio equipment

White Light Product Blue Gadget

1 - 4 of 4 Posts