Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
that is cam sensor correct? that is what krpo was telling me the problem was, but i see that there are 2 sensor's one for each camshaft so would that code mean neither one is getting signal or could it be one or the other?

has anyone else had this code before?

come on guys lets add some tech to k20a.org

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
There is only one CMP sensor on the motor.

Standing on the transmission side of the motor, it is the sensor on the left side of the head. The one to the right of that is the TDC (top dead center) sensor.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
eternalek said:
cool thanx, have you ever thrown this code personally? and any ideas what would cause it besides faulty wiring?
No i have not.

Looking through the Helms, it looks as though the only causes to throwing that code would be faulty wiring, a bad CMP sensor, or a bad ECU.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
#2 said:
eternalek said:
cool thanx, have you ever thrown this code personally? and any ideas what would cause it besides faulty wiring?
No i have not.

Looking through the Helms, it looks as though the only causes to throwing that code would be faulty wiring, a bad CMP sensor, or a bad ECU.
hmm.. well im going to have to guess wiring on this one, i was told that those sensors dont really go out, it's just time to start fresh with this thing..

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well after going through the helm's step by step i saw that the sesnor is not getting power at the plug, has no power coming off the ecu and no continuity to ground either,

after that the only thing that the manual says is to try a ecu that is known to be working properly, so most likely my wiring is soo haggard it fucked up the ecu even more.. :evil:

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
eternalek said:
well after going through the helm's step by step i saw that the sesnor is not getting power at the plug, has no power coming off the ecu and no continuity to ground either,

after that the only thing that the manual says is to try a ecu that is known to be working properly, so most likely my wiring is soo haggard it fucked up the ecu even more.. :evil:
Sorry to hear bro. Get that thing wired up properly and let us know how it turns out.

K20EG = thumbs down.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.