Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
81 - 91 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
I got the ACT Pro-Lite Flywheel and ACT sprung street disc and HD Pressure plate. I love the pressure plate, love the flywheel.. hate the disc.. I am used to a 6 Puck.. got talked into the street disc.. First hard launch on it.. and it slipped.. I am not really into drag racing I am building the car for road courses, but I would think you should be able to launch the car and not slip on a new disc.. next time i pull the tranny im getitng the sprung 6 puck.

·
Premium Member
1,774 Posts
I got the ACT Pro-Lite Flywheel and ACT sprung street disc and HD Pressure plate. I love the pressure plate, love the flywheel.. hate the disc.. I am used to a 6 Puck.. got talked into the street disc.. First hard launch on it.. and it slipped.. I am not really into drag racing I am building the car for road courses, but I would think you should be able to launch the car and not slip on a new disc.. next time i pull the tranny im getitng the sprung 6 puck.
How new was it? organic & kevlar discs need time to seat onto a new pp & flywheel. Puck style discs have much more aggressive friction material and don't require any seating time at all.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I took it easy for the first 4-500 and i have 1200 on it before I attempted to launch on it.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
yeah what chunky said... hay question, did your clutch make a wierd noise kind of a grrrr at first and only in first gear when you first got it? It only does it sometimes.. not sure what it is. just wonder if its cause its a new clutch and im still breaking it in?

·
Registered
326 Posts
I DRIVE MY CAR ALL OVER.. normal driving man.. Clutch just isnt gripping hard enough.. ive launched it a few more times since then.. and its fine.. still i rather have a 6 puck over a street disc...I dont know what i was thinking.. but who the hell buys a PERFORMANCE CLUTCH to last long... you get one or the other... not both.. Either performance.. or reliability.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Above statement is almost DUMB.

Why not find the best of both worlds? :wow:

Performance relates to how well it performs, yet alone the reliability of it.
Note* the word PERFORM in PERFORMANCE. It has to perform to what its actually made for. Doh..

You sir, go buy ebay stuff..

·
Registered
326 Posts
What you said is DUMB...

Dude a performance clutch is made to grab... not last long.. Ive put clutches in and they lasted 3 months.. beating the snot out of it.. and ive drove around for a year plus on another.. we beat the snot out of our cars.. the clutches will not last no matter what.. but you mght as well get a good one and enjoy it while it lasts...

·
Banned
4,358 Posts
What you said is DUMB...

Dude a performance clutch is made to grab... not last long.. Ive put clutches in and they lasted 3 months.. beating the snot out of it.. and ive drove around for a year plus on another.. we beat the snot out of our cars.. the clutches will not last no matter what.. but you mght as well get a good one and enjoy it while it lasts...
Clutchmasters stage IV 6 puc sprung right here in my B series.
<<<----going on well over 2 years. I think a quality product will last. If you get an ebay 6 puc, thats on you.
kris

·
Registered
1996 Acura Integra K20a2 swap 5 Speed, RBC Intake, Ktuned header, AEM fuel pump , -6AN lines
33 Posts
Old post but looking to swap DC2 Integra with fresh k20a2 with 02 civic si 5 speed, RBC Intake basic bolt-ons right now
plan on boosting in the future make 500hp goal or close lol. Any recommendations for one of 2 cars this one being the fun summer cruising car and tracked couple times a month whats good all-around clutch/flywheel?
Open to opinions please chime in
Basically wondering if I should go sprung or unsprung? stage 1,2,3,4,etc
Is there a good NA clutch but good for boost in the future.

81 - 91 of 91 Posts