Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
61 - 80 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
My brother and I have both run on Competition Clutches Stage IV 6 puck for Bseries and loved it. He had a 11lbs flywheel and I had a 9lbs flywheel. Daily drove it w/o any issues and hooked great when launched. I just had to slightly overrev to make it smoother coming out of 1st. Just bought another stage IV for the new project. Pedal feel was not heavy at all

·
Registered
674 Posts
i was reading and i live in new york and i havnt herd a ACT taking a dump on anyone, my crew all have dsm's, evo's and am the only k-frank em2 their, and they run like 11's 10's and 9's and they all have ACT's and they push them hard, i dont know, but am going to get me a ACT AR1-HDR4 with a prolite flywheel

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
i was reading and i live in new york and i havnt herd a ACT taking a dump on anyone, my crew all have dsm's, evo's and am the only k-frank em2 their, and they run like 11's 10's and 9's and they all have ACT's and they push them hard, i dont know, but am going to get me a ACT AR1-HDR4 with a prolite flywheel
http://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=38076

i didnt even read it.. could be user error..but theyre out there.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
just picked up a different brand figured i would give it a shot.. if the spings fly out of this i will be amazed! LMAO:

the only thing different is this is a stage 3 im getting stage 4 6 puck.

·
/) ^3^(\ <- SO AWESOME!!
2,648 Posts
Hey, I think that looks similar to my clutch disk. I remember seeing a ClutchNet branding on it. It came with my Gripforce F1 stage 2 clutch, pressure plate, release bearing and pilot bushing package.

Where did you get that from? I got mine from eBay.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Hey, I think that looks similar to my clutch disk. I remember seeing a ClutchNet branding on it. It came with my Gripforce F1 stage 2 clutch, pressure plate, release bearing and pilot bushing package.

Where did you get that from? I got mine from eBay.
Called clutchnet directly... talked to igor(sp) he gave me one helliacious deal!.. just hope this one last long that my clutch master lol

·
Premium Member
1,774 Posts
Called clutchnet directly... talked to igor(sp) he gave me one helliacious deal!.. just hope this one last long that my clutch master lol
hah, nice picture. I wonder where you got it from. :cool:

I've got a lot of miles on my Clutch Net now and it is still working great. Smoother and easier to modulate than stock. A lot of that has to do with the kevlar friction material. One of the best daily driver clutches out there. It easily takes road race abuse, but someone that does a lot of drag might want something heavier duty.

Oh, and the weight of the car is a big factor in what kind of clutch you should get. A lighter car will need less clamping force than a heavier car given the same clutch disc. The instantaneous force required to accelerate 30lb from rest is greater than the force required to accelerate 10lb from rest. Most clutches have enough clamping force to hold smoothly applied power. It's the impulse forces at launch time that does them in.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
I have an exedy 3 puck sprung clutch in my car and I love it. It has to be one of the smoothest puck clutches I have ever driven. It is much smoother than the ACT 6-puck clutch in my b-series. But it still always hooks up great and feels strong. I also have the clutchmasters superlight weight flywheel, only 7.75 lbs. I love the combo, the car feels great. Hooks up perfect, shifts smooth like butter, and raps up real nice.

·
/) ^3^(\ <- SO AWESOME!!
2,648 Posts
Oh, and the weight of the car is a big factor in what kind of clutch you should get. A lighter car will need less clamping force than a heavier car given the same clutch disc. The instantaneous force required to accelerate 30lb from rest is greater than the force required to accelerate 10lb from rest. Most clutches have enough clamping force to hold smoothly applied power. It's the impulse forces at launch time that does them in.
So, is a stage 3 clutch a little to excessive for my K-swapped Del Sol? I have a stage 2 from Clutchnet too and was going to put that in my RSX-S (which is intended to be my comfier ride).

·
Premium Member
1,774 Posts
So, is a stage 3 clutch a little to excessive for my K-swapped Del Sol? I have a stage 2 from Clutchnet too and was going to put that in my RSX-S (which is intended to be my comfier ride).
When you say stage 2, which disc and which pressure plate do you have? Clutch Net doesn't really have "stages". They just have their color codes and you can mix and match between them. So you could have a "yellow" (most people call it stage II) kit that has either an organic, kevlar, or fiber-carbon disc.

so let me know what clutch components you have specifically, and I'll tell you what I think.

·
Premium Member
9,294 Posts
my exedy stage 1 disc broke. sent it in for warranty they denied the warranty, then I bought stage 2 clutch had no choice, later found out they have same pressure plate just disk is different. :eek: I just should have bought the disc from chunky. Ohh well. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
did you get the dual diaphragm pressure plate? If so, how much was it if you don't mind me asking?
I got the Racing Pressure plate,, i don't know if its the dual diaphragm pp.

I know there are 3 types how ever.. Green which is an Upgrade, Yellow = performance, and Red = racing. I paid a little less that 400 for it shipped.

·
Premium Member
1,774 Posts
I got the Racing Pressure plate,, i don't know if its the dual diaphragm pp.

I know there are 3 types how ever.. Green which is an Upgrade, Yellow = performance, and Red = racing. I paid a little less that 400 for it shipped.
great price. their 3x red = dual diaphragm. I have their 2x red which is the same as their yellow, just has different paint. :p

Those are some great prices they're running right now. I imagine they're dumping inventory asap before they close their books for the last year. I haven't updated my price list with them in awhile, but i can tell you for sure that at $400, you got a deal. :up:

·
Premium Member
1,774 Posts
that's exactly the reason why I went to the clutch net. Not many k-series guys are using them yet, but I know a lot of b-series guys with them, and never a popped spring. Every clutch that has failed on me has failed b/c of a popped clutch spring.

61 - 80 of 91 Posts