Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
41 - 60 of 91 Posts

·
/) ^3^(\ <- SO AWESOME!!
2,648 Posts
Does anyone think I'll regret getting a stage 3 puck? I'm going to be driving it daily. I'm sure I won't have problems when the car is moving a decent speed but what should I expect starting from a stop and so on? Will I even be able to feather the clutch?

·
Punishin' Bitches
2,453 Posts
Expect alot of chatter like the car will be bucking forward when trying to move in stop in go traffic.

·
Registered
778 Posts
guys need ur opinion,i recently swapped an a3 in my em2,and the clutch slips from day 1,so i was looking for a new clutch and thought why not get a better clutch to hold more torque for the future,at the most i wod be either going nitrous or boost at 8psi with a decent turbo,so i wanted to know that which clutch wod be best suited at the moment,i have 2 sellers selling these
*exedy stage 2:used with light flywheel 10k miles
*competition stage 4:brand new with light flywhee

and can anyone tell me does a flywheel really make a big difference worth paying an extra load of $$$ for??l

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
guys need ur opinion,i recently swapped an a3 in my em2,and the clutch slips from day 1,so i was looking for a new clutch and thought why not get a better clutch to hold more torque for the future,at the most i wod be either going nitrous or boost at 8psi with a decent turbo,so i wanted to know that which clutch wod be best suited at the moment,i have 2 sellers selling these
*exedy stage 2:used with light flywheel 10k miles
*competition stage 4:brand new with light flywhee

and can anyone tell me does a flywheel really make a big difference worth paying an extra load of $$$ for??l
buying used clutches are like buying used condoms imho.. so go for the comp stg VI

·
Registered
44,673 Posts
buying used clutches are like buying used condoms imho.. so go for the comp stg VI
I agree, buy new, and either buy a new flywheel, or have your old one resurfaced. I saw a decent looking 350Z clutch today, used. Never would have guessed from looking at it that it was slipping so bad that you cannot shift with it. Buy new on high wear items.

·
Registered
778 Posts
thanks for the opinion guys,which clutch is best suited for a 300whp setup?
and can anybody quote me the price of a new clutch with fylwheel for the above setup

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
thanks for the opinion guys,which clutch is best suited for a 300whp setup?
and can anybody quote me the price of a new clutch with fylwheel for the above setup
Reading back over this thread.. i think Post #2 by kris aka suprfst probably holds the most valuable info. :up:

That being said im sure he'll recommend to you the CM FX400.. Which i'll probably be looking into but after the christmas season/ spring semester tuition passes.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Great thread, especially the 2nd post - quite a few of my own questions have been answered here :)

I was wondering though, I intend on having a 300-400whp setup on a boosted k20a (r). I was looking in between the CM FX300 and CM FX400 and so far I'm inclined to the FX400 6 puck.
However, isn't a FX600 also an option? Its Kevlar (like the FX300) only that its a twin disc system. So other than it being more expensive (?) wouldn't it have smoother engagement than the ceramic FX400 while being able to handle more?
(PS - I dont ever intend on exceeding 425 whp)

·
M U G E N !!!!!!!!!!
7,070 Posts
idk about you guys, but i had my fx400 in my car for all of 3 days and it looks like this

now i dont know about you, but i have never seen a clutch do this, and im tight on money now so i couldnt just go buy a new clutch kit, so i had to send it to clutchmasters, and they made me pay for a new clutch 175 dollars. i think thats crap, and worst customer service i have ever had

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
idk about you guys, but i had my fx400 in my car for all of 3 days and it looks like this

now i dont know about you, but i have never seen a clutch do this, and im tight on money now so i couldnt just go buy a new clutch kit, so i had to send it to clutchmasters, and they made me pay for a new clutch 175 dollars. i think thats crap, and worst customer service i have ever had

did you refer to kris (suprfst) he is one of their main contacts here and im sure he probably could have done a little more in your favor...

·
Premium Member
18,976 Posts
so now you guys have me worried...I'm looking for 300 hp k24 na....I was getting ready to buy a clutch...so here's my question

I already have a fidanza light weight Flywheel, will the fx300 work with it?

·
M U G E N !!!!!!!!!!
7,070 Posts
What were you doing when your clutch failed there type S o yes??
well i was driving, stopped at a light, went to put it in first gear, wouldnt go in, shut the car off, put the car in gear, try'd to start it, the car started to buck, so i gave it some gas while the car was bucking, and it started right up, and i pulled into the next parking lot, and called triple A

·
Registered
732 Posts

dam dats brutal i got a comp stage 4 with 6 puck with a sprung center

·
IMAKEBOOSTATIDLE
6,913 Posts
thats what i like to hear..how long have you had the clutch? does it see the track or strip at all? and how often..

I have had the clutch since august. It has yet to see the track It will soon though. but daily driving this is easy.. even in heavy traffic. Love it. Wouldnt have picked another.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Well my clutch just took a dump on me too.. clutch master fx400 too 6 puck.. they havent dropped the tranny cause we are afraid it might look like that above... i need a new one..

41 - 60 of 91 Posts