Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
21 - 40 of 91 Posts

·
/) ^3^(\ <- SO AWESOME!!
2,648 Posts
Not to take a potential sale away from Kris, but you might want to check this out. http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=515832

I was initially going to pick up a CM clutch and flywheel from Dale of K20Tuned (which I believe is a seller for Kris/suprfast previously carried) until I found these F1 clutches on eBay. Price is pretty good and the only review I've seen seems pretty good.

·
Registered
14,747 Posts
Not to take a potential sale away from Kris, but you might want to check this out. http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=515832

I was initially going to pick up a CM clutch and flywheel from Dale of K20Tuned (which I believe is a seller for Kris/suprfast previously carried) until I found these F1 clutches on eBay. Price is pretty good and the only review I've seen seems pretty good.
I'm a firm beleiver in you get what you pay for. I'm not saying that clutch is bad or anything, because i have no experience with it. These are my opinions, as follows. Even tho it may be the same looking but fine tune it, materials are different. My other point is its very time consuming and costly to put a new clutch in. Spend the extra cash so you don't have to do it twice. Especially with a part that could possibly leave you stranded and need of a tow.

·
/) ^3^(\ <- SO AWESOME!!
2,648 Posts
I'm willing to give it a shot. Someone's gotta be the guinea pig, right? :)

And putting a clutch in isn't too hard with the engine out. :) Although, putting the tranny back on is another story. :(

·
Banned
4,358 Posts
I dont take anything personal like that. I just know you will be back to buy a clutchmasters sooner or later:)

Ive been running CM since 2001 and never had one go out on me personally. I think ive had one issue with a customer that i sold one too. Good odds to me.

·
Punishin' Bitches
2,453 Posts
FX300 is full faced right compared to fx400? They offer a kevlar full faced version of the fx300. My buddy had it and felt great!

Also when you talk about clutches half of the holding power is the pressure plate, and also is measured in tq. So when talking to places ask how much tq. their clutches can hold. Personally its full faced for life for me lol. Screw pucked, its like no play, like a on/off switch lol.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
FX300 is full faced right compared to fx400? They offer a kevlar full faced version of the fx300. My buddy had it and felt great!

Also when you talk about clutches half of the holding power is the pressure plate, and also is measured in tq. So when talking to places ask how much tq. their clutches can hold. Personally its full faced for life for me lol. Screw pucked, its like no play, like a on/off switch lol.
I was still debating between the stage 3 (disc) and 4(puck) .. im doing a mildly built 2.4L frank... approx 270whp.. so the torque ranges will probably be at the lowest 190ish.. tops 210ish.. i guess i question that i myself and a lot of others arent really sure of.. is does the torque load specs of the clutch = the max wtq of the vehicle?

I like the idea of the kevlar disc..but the glaze factor scares me.

·
Punishin' Bitches
2,453 Posts
Hehe. I was told with kevlar, if it glazes, just sand blast it and it should be back to normal, well at least thats what i was told with a buddies Action clutch on his GSR Integra.

·
/) ^3^(\ <- SO AWESOME!!
2,648 Posts
I dont take anything personal like that. I just know you will be back to buy a clutchmasters sooner or later:)

Ive been running CM since 2001 and never had one go out on me personally. I think ive had one issue with a customer that i sold one too. Good odds to me.
For me, it's budget time... Wanted a new flywheel, clutch and pressure plate. With CM, I'd be spending over $800 for everything. I started tallying up the cost of all the parts I've purchased... Already over $6K. :( And still lots to go (mostly radiator + fan, exhaust, wiring, axles and the temp sensor/fan switch)

For F1 Racing's stage 3, their eBay ad says "Horsepower Rating: 318 HP / Torque Capacity: 294 ft/lbs". Over e-mail, they said the pressure plate is an Exedy PP and the puck is made of "Copper Ceramic". Their Stage 2 disc is made of "Carbon Kevlar". BTW, can anyone tell me about the materials and where they stand?

How hard is it to change the clutch on a K-series swap (on a car that doesn't come with a K-series in any trim)? Right now, my engine is out of the car so installation = $0. :)

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
For me, it's budget time... Wanted a new flywheel, clutch and pressure plate. With CM, I'd be spending over $800 for everything. I started tallying up the cost of all the parts I've purchased... Already over $6K. :( And still lots to go (mostly radiator + fan, exhaust, wiring, axles and the temp sensor/fan switch)

For F1 Racing's stage 3, their eBay ad says "Horsepower Rating: 318 HP / Torque Capacity: 294 ft/lbs". Over e-mail, they said the pressure plate is an Exedy PP and the puck is made of "Copper Ceramic". Their Stage 2 disc is made of "Carbon Kevlar". BTW, can anyone tell me about the materials and where they stand?

How hard is it to change the clutch on a K-series swap (on a car that doesn't come with a K-series in any trim)? Right now, my engine is out of the car so installation = $0. :)
Well if you're looking to save money.. you might want to contact Chunky' (if its not too late).. he was selling some awesome I think steel (?) alloy flywheels for like 134 shipped.. a tad lighter than the JDM ITR.. weighing in at about 9.8lbs.. another plus about them is from what i understand they absorb alot of that clutch/flywheel chatter..which drives me crazy. as far as the parts left to buy..it looks like me are you are in the same boat.

·
Registered
14,747 Posts

Thats exactly how i feel about puck clutches...

·
Punishin' Bitches
2,453 Posts
Hehe. Yep, someone knows what theyre talking about too! LOL Its a bitch IMO for stop and go traffic.

·
/) ^3^(\ <- SO AWESOME!!
2,648 Posts
Go stage 4 and be all hardcore!!!!11 :)

I wonder if the weight of the car should affect the stage or type of clutch we should get...

·
Punishin' Bitches
2,453 Posts
In my mind i dont think so, because a clutch is what lets the power get to the ground, if a clutch cant hold that power to the specific motor it doesnt matter how light the car is, it still wont make full power to the ground.

·
IMAKEBOOSTATIDLE
6,913 Posts
Im running a competition clutch stage 4 1620 Sprung on my DD 270hp civic... And I love it.

21 - 40 of 91 Posts