Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so two quick questions.....one, in a 94 gsr do i need to replace my clutch slave cylinder or master cylinder.....or both for a k20a swap? or is stock ok and will work with no problems? two if the stock ones are fine, is there anything wrong with the stock clutch line that connects the two or do i need to buy the clutch line from hybrid racing?

so close to starting the swap, still lacking

kpro
fuel lines
swap header

:D

·
Registered
180 Posts
Your clutch master cylinder will stay. You should receive a k series slave cylinder with your swap. It bolts to the transmission. Out of it will be a hard line that connects to a M12->M10 "down sizer" hose. From what I've seen these are all pretty much the same throughout different years/makes and models of Honda/Acuras.
From there your stock hard lines will either connect to the master, or you will have to bend/flare your own. not completely sure as I've never owned an integra.

I don't see where the problem would be, if there is one someone please explain.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes i see now, my swap came with the slave cylinder, but from looking at my integra, i think im gonna have to buy the clutch line for it, cause the stock one goes to the complete opposite side of the motor:(

·
Registered
180 Posts
yea pretty much any car you put a k into that its not supposed to be there, you'll find a lot of stuff thats backwards. If you want it to look clean, then you'll need to buy or make your own line. I'm sure there's enough length to bend the stock lines around to the driver's side, it just wont look very good.

·
Premium Member
4,224 Posts
You cannot use the factory line because of its length and position. As you already mentioned we make a line that attaches to your master cylinder and runs to your slave cylinder. It also comes with all of the mounting tabs you need to keep the line secure.

We have a new site launching in the next few days with more info on the Kswap and the parts needed!

Attachments

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You cannot use the factory line because of its length and position. As you already mentioned we make a line that attaches to your master cylinder and runs to your slave cylinder. It also comes with all of the mounting tabs you need to keep the line secure.

We have a new site launching in the next few days with more info on the Kswap and the parts needed!
well to be honest, i just bought the SuJa 1 motoring clutchline off of k20tuned......nothing personal, its just a lil less expensive, and as i get closer and closer to the end of buying everything i need for the swap i find myself trying to stretch every dollar:up: but hybrid by far has some of the best products ive ever seen on the market, and you can just take a look at my sig...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts