Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wiring a Euro-R Accord race car for a friend and trying to find the pin out for the power steering control module.
I basically need to know which pins are for vss, rpm and ignition/power on the multipin plug.

Any help greatly appreciated 馃檪

Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Gas Automotive wheel system Auto part

Font Gas Auto part Automotive exterior Number

Hand Gesture Finger Thumb Wrist

Registered
I suspect those signals will be all supplied by k line data packets. I don't think analog signal feeds will get this steering working as intended.

You may get it to run in a kind of limp home mode by supplying a switched power feed to the correct pin.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't think they are as I found a lad before on a forum who fitted this PS into another car and got it all working by supplying the ECU with those signals.

I cannot for the life of me find his posts/thread again tho 馃檲

I would expect Alot less wires in that multiplug also if it was getting the signals thru the k-line

If I could get hold of a workshop manual with wiring diagrams I could chase all back to there source.
I only have a section of the original wiring from the car here unfortunately

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay I managed to find a workshop manual for the Accord.
The below pic is for the multi plug on the EPS control unit.
It needs 3 signals

Engine speed (from Tacho)
Ignition 12v (to activate/turn it on)
VSP detects speed signal from speedometer It says this should be between 3-5v with ignition on. I wonder would get away with just supplying it with 5v or would it need to be square wave signal? Would save me wiring up the VSS altogether if it did.

Attachments

Registered
I would be surprised if it didn't work without a speed input. When you start the vehicle, the p/steering will work without moving the vehicle first...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts