Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

81 - 97 of 97 Posts

·
...doesn't give a shit.
9,567 Posts
Re: Civic EG SiR - K20A2, Cage, Dry sump, Quaife Sequential

Interesting choice on the belt routing. I have mine set up a bit differently for better belt wrap around the blower pulley. This isn't my set up, but it's how Jose from MercRacing had shown me.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
Thats a good way to wrap the belt to get more grip on the pulley.
What length belt are you using just to get a rough idea?

Thanks

·
...doesn't give a shit.
9,567 Posts
The picture that I posted wasn't my set up. My set up is so much different because I still have the a/c compressor and my blower placement is a lot lower and further forward due to my manifold. Unfortunately, it's going to take some measuring for a starting point and then you're going to have to mess around and see what fits. I've had to do that with my last two blower configurations because I'm using larger blowers and there's really no bolt on kit for my current set up.

Here's my blower set up.

This is the space it's filling up.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
I tried out that belt run today and it never worked out on my setup.

Since changing to the K24 block i had to make new mounting hole for the idle pulley on the MercRacing tensioner and it fouls on your recommended layout of the belt run.

I will see how it performs but i had the same run before and never had any issues.

Your setup looks great!

·
...doesn't give a shit.
9,567 Posts
Thank you.

I also had to make a new mounting hole for the idler pulley. I had to play around with the spacing of the idler pulley too. I believe I ended up using a washer to set the correct alignment for the idler pulley on mine.

The MercRacing tensioner is great, but my problem is the pulley placement due to my blower sitting so low and far forward. I want to redesign the tensioner bracket to relocate both pulleys.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #86 (Edited)
OK OK OK

So here is the dyno info from the recent 2.4 conversion. To say that i'm happy with it is an understatement.

The car is used for track racing both fun and competition so i needed more torque at low engine speeds for corner exit speeds. My local tracks main straight has a hairpin at the start and is uphill so the extra jump in torque is what i need.

Boost varied from 0.3 to 0.46 bar.

All measurements are at the wheels.

Peak is 259whp @8730rpm.

+50ftlb @2400rpm

+44hp @4700rpm

+40hp @5000rpm

Overall

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
Engine speed was limited to 8400 but ata logs show 8650 which was on a downshift.

I was revving it too high and just hoping it would be ok. I should have known better.

Engine has a dry sump oil system.

The oil pressure logs showed a strange pattern where the pressure would not build above 4bar when the engine speed was increasing which its never done before. Above roughly 3000rpm there was always 6bar. However, even with the abnormal pattern on the track day the pressure never dropped below 4bar.

I need a built K24 now.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
Looks like i will have this built back up soon enough.
Once i have the donor engine i will be getting it built to last.
Thanks to Andrew at Momentum Motorsport, Ireland!

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
Spare K20A2 head i have has been sent off to Ric Woods (cncheads.co.uk) for their forced induction head profile which includes chamber work.

Piston and rod specs are to be confirmed.

81 - 97 of 97 Posts