Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im thinking about buying a civic 2002 Si , but with the engine broken and ecu broken too, , I've been researching about the ecu and more to see if its worth it, my question is , I know that k20a3 has no distributor , and therefore there is no way to install a obd1 ECU , not 100% sure , but correct me if Im wrong ......

then , is it a good deal if the car is worth half price ? . is there any other solution for the ECU ?

what about key immobilizer ? , how that things works ? that can be disabled or reprogramed , and how ? .

thanks in advance for all the help.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Im thinking about buying a civic 2002 Si , but with the engine broken and ecu broken too, , I've been researching about the ecu and more to see if its worth it, my question is , I know that k20a3 has no distributor , and therefore there is no way to install a obd1 ECU , not 100% sure , but correct me if Im wrong ......

then , is it a good deal if the car is worth half price ? . is there any other solution for the ECU ?

what about key immobilizer ? , how that things works ? that can be disabled or reprogramed , and how ? .

thanks in advance for all the help.
kpro ecu...or typeR ecu..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just want this civic as my daily driving car ! , I just want it stock , the stock ECU is cheaper than kpro or type R ?

·
Registered
318 Posts
buy the ep3 stock ecu for $175-250, get the keys and immobilizer synched to the ecu at honda for less than $100. You can find an a3 engine for cheap. That or buy a k24a1 and the crv passenger engine mount bracket($35 I think), run the ep3's stock ecu but use 310cc injectors and you would be fine. Just don't add i/h/e or you will start to run too lean on the stock ecu.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
is the key immovilizer can be disabled ? , I lose a lot of keys and I really don't need that ! plus it get wet and aparently wont work ! is there a bypass , I saw it on ebay , does that thing works !? I just need to be able to get 5 copies of the key without paying $500

1 - 5 of 5 Posts