Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been lurking around here for over a year now and it's finally time to start my build and share it with you guys.

Car: UKDM Integra DC2 type-r
Engine: UK K20A2 with 9psi JRSC

My previous car was a UK spec EP3-R which I finally sold to fund this build. The JRSC was fitted to that car but I decided to keep it and use it on the k swap. The goals for this build are a fast road/occasional strip or track car but it will be my daily driver.

I'm planning on fully stripping the car out, full respray (thinking spoon yellow or champ white - still unsure), shaved and tucked bay. Most parts will be coming from Hybrid in the new year.

Please feel free to chime in with any info or questions.

Thanks, Chris

Onto the pics - sorry for the quality. Will be taking more detailed shots as the build progresses.

old pic of the car. Its now sitting on 15" Spoon SW388's

started stripping out plastics and tar etc. Previous owner had a water leak so found quite a lot of surface rust under the carpets.

looking a little cleaner - does anyone know what the black box is under the drivers seat? it has two thick harness type cable running into it.

At the moment the engine is in storage. Will be moving into a workshop very soon so I will post more updates then.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
God I miss my ITR, good luck.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Good luck witht the build man. Love to see some one show love to a DC2 man. Keep the updates and pics coming.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi

Just thought i would update the build thread.

Well not much has happened on the car seen as its christmas and all that. However we have just got the keys for the new unit so myself, Oz and my dad have been busy mucking out and planning were to build the spray booth and work area, etc.

Heres a couple of pics of the unit with Oz as the model with his mighty DX.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Any updates to this builds progress..

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well I have some good and bad news to report...

The bad news is that I lost my car keys and I didn't have any spares :( The Honda dealer (stealer) quoted me £515 to replace the locks and supply new keys. I also lost the fob to my alarm along with the keys so I had to get the alarm and immobiliser removed at a cost of £55. I contacted a Honda breaker and have ordered keys, locks, ignition barrel, ecu and transponder all for £100 delivered so I will be fitting those later this week.

The good news is we have made some progress on the workshop. We have the spraybooth/garage 90% constructed. See pics below.

Sorry there is no progress to report on the car, it's been a difficult month! Gsung - I'm from East Lancashire along with my mate oz who just joined kswap.co.uk. I'll be joining soon too.

·
Registered
152 Posts
thats bad about the keys mate lol at least you have sorted it all out

Is that a pick of your garage???

thats looks ace i wish i had that much room to work on the car :(

Thats what i like to hear... ill see you soon on the forum

·
Registered
270 Posts
i took my title to the dealership and they made me a spare, thought u could do that everywhere... :confused:
i did this also. it may be different since he is in the UK though...

your booth looks nice so far! good luck on your build :up:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i took my title to the dealership and they made me a spare, thought u could do that everywhere... :confused:
Does 'title' mean your V5 document as thats what we have over here. No basically on the UK version after 96 reg honda introduced the red key system which was an in-built immobiliser in the key. As i didnt have the red key it meant having to replace everything. I think on JDM tegs they dont have this system as i was thinking of going down that route if this method didn't work.

Gsung - Yes that is our garage/unit, we have only just got it this year thought it was time to get a place as there will be a few k-swaps going down. Also i plan on doing light to medium body repair work as i enjoy it plus it will bring a little more money in to pay the bills.

I have just registered on K-swap so i will post up in the noob section once i can log in.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts