Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1361 - 1372 of 1372 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Hello everyone I have a full k20a3 swap and I want to drop it in to a 96-2000 civic hatchback I’ve never done a k swap before so if anyone has tips that would be helpful thanks

First tip: make your own thread
Second tip: start reading. All the info you’ll possibly need has been out there for years.
Third tip: k20a3’s suck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was just asking and all so no one trying to steal your thread grow up did I hurt your feelings here have a sucker ?after asking questions giving info is what these are for right
And why would anyone look a swap info if they did even have the motor I just got it didn’t pay shit for it

·
Registered
63 Posts
What Bland is saying is that by creating your own thread, it centralizes responses that are pertinent to what you’re trying to do. That way, the information goes directly to your thread and is specific as opposed to cluttering another persons thread, or “thread jacking.”

It’s actually CHILD’s thread.

There really is a wealth of knowledge on the forum, and some has been here for 10 years or more by the guys that have been there, done that. It is in the form of “stickies”. Like these

http://www.k20a.org/forum/#/topics/35426

http://www.k20a.org/forum/#/topics/20860?page=1

You’re generally going to get the response he gave from guys who’ve been on the forum for a long time. They’d be a lot more harsh from some responses I’ve seen

·
Registered
2 Posts
Supper nice build Kerry.

I've followed you on IG for a while & what caught my attention about your car is how clean but yet simple your build is. Definitely inspires me a lot. And then I end up coming your thread since I just brought 06 tsx swap about a week ago & started looking for builds online to see what other have achieved. I love how years later you're still uploading content to your thread so keep it up. You take amazing pictures & make great youtube videos! :up:

·
Registered
72 Posts
started at 930....its now 251am.....the trials and tribulations have been plenty....great thread with a wealth of info...glad people still use the forums,,

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,366
making some PTFE high pressure lines for my vented valve cover. Just need to finish them up and get a catch can. I plan to get one made by Schmuckbuilt that fits behind the passenger headlight.

also stopped by my friends house to check out his CRX and see what's new on his K24 setup. A nice 14.5:1 88x99 build with a 4piston pro 163 street head and skunk2 ultra 4s inside.

meanwhile i'm now rolling on K-Tuned K2 circuit coilovers with 18k front and 16k rear swift springs, trying to gear myself towards playing around on a circuit. No real goal for times or anything like that, I just want to enjoy the car and push myself in the car.

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/931/43651582651_86f69c93a8_k.jpg[/img
Running an electric water pump setup as well now. Decided to put it like this so that I have room for my intake at the centerfeed. It points downward so much that it slightly overlapped the water pump so I made this change.

[img]https://farm1.staticflickr.com/848/42935258874_b7037991a5_k.jpg

·
Registered
139 Posts
I've been off these forums for awhile. Glad to see you still have the car and are putting in some good work man! I think you'll have a blast on the circuit, just go out and have fun. Car is still so beautiful, so much love for this build.

·
Registered
1 Posts
wooooow that was a roller coaster ride of a thread to date. Love the car and how it's come along over the years (couple nights of reading/admiring). What stage is it at now?

·
Premium Member
4,257 Posts
Just curious, why so stiff on the spring rates for just an occassional track car? 18k/16k is pretty stiff. You are really going to have to be careful of harsh dips and broken pavement on the road. You will also have to get some pretty good rubber on track days to keep the car from skating.

I've been daily driving 8k/6k for nearly a decade now, and the harsh/random conditions you hit on the street can really upset the car (even if the car is setup properly.)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Haha. Yesterday. Went to do some testing by dropping the apexi ws2 catback exhaust. No tuning was done, and no other changes. The car made over 250whp easy. This graph is a pull that only went up to 7000rpm lol but still made a big gain over my previous 230whp @8100.

So it is possible to get 250whp on a tsx longblock with the stock head, stock port, stock cams, tsx oil pump, stock plenum and stock runner rbc, and on 93 pump gas.

I don't see many cars with as plain of a motor as mine. I wanted to leave it all stock except the vtc, which is obviously far more beneficial over the 25°vtc for midrange.

I was lucky enough to get the few pulls on the dyno while an employee was being shown how to work it, so the car wasn't ran all out, but this alone showed what it's capable of without all the extras that have become routine to automatically change. Probably not useful info for everyone, but for the people who like to keep things as simple as possible, I think it's helpful.

Hey, do you remember what fuel injectors & fuel pump you were running at this time^?

1361 - 1372 of 1372 Posts