Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

161 - 180 of 207 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #161
Been messing with the cables a lot and I just can't get them to be exactly the way I want so I have to settle for the curve they have.
Making some ground wires at the moment and redoing my charge harness.
I'll have to take a picture of em soon.
Waiting on a new coolant hose and then I'll be able to put the intake manifold on.
I need to figure out how I'm going to mount my radiator because when I did a mock-up it was extremely close to the clutch slave so maybe I can figure out a way to tuck it without buying a kit.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #162
Got new coolant hose from k tuned
Found out a slim fan is needed for a k swap, ordered that
Finished the grounds
Redid my engine harness
Filled up the fluids
Charged the battery

Need to flush the radiator
Hook up o2 sensor
Get a larger test pipe to fit the k teller exhaust

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #165
Got a basemap loaded.
Filled the radiator, got a leak on the k tuned thermostat from one of the plugs.
Apparently it's just a bit small so you can wiggle it when you first threaded so I put a ton of Teflon tape and it still leaked, so three coolant tries later I left it out and got a fitting and a cap from work, made some sealant, put it in the threads and on the fitting so hopefully that'll help prevent that leak.
Bled the brakes and the driver rear bleeder valve is seized and got rounded off. I gotta figure something out to do about that.
Gonna bleed the clutch slave later tonight.
Double check the leak tomorrow and if it holds then I'll do a start up finally.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #167
This was a huge work package, wasn't it? It looks great, Cheeky!

Good luck for the engine start!
Thanks Lotus for sticking around the whole time! It's definitely been up and down but so far it's been worth it!
Can't wait to start it up this weekend, hopefully everything is good.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #168
Bay shot with everything in it now

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
5,750 Posts
Thanks Lotus for sticking around the whole time! It's definitely been up and down but so far it's been worth it!
Can't wait to start it up this weekend, hopefully everything is good.
Sounds great, what kind of leakage test did you do for the fluids or do you just operate it to see if there are any leakages?

Anyway, good luck for the start :up:.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #170
Sounds great, what kind of leakage test did you do for the fluids or do you just operate it to see if there are any leakages?

Anyway, good luck for the start :up:.
All I did was prime the fuel pump a couple times to see if I had any fuel coming out of the lines and holding pressure. as I was bleeding the clutch I checked for leaks and for the coolant I just filled up the radiator and saw that it was leaking at the thermostat. I haven't cranked it yet so hopefully no surprises when I do.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #171
Here's a front shot of it finally sitting on the ground

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #174
It's aliiive!
First start up went really well, aside from my o2 acting odd. Showed up full lean but read 14.7 a/f on kpro.
Tested the gauge and sensor and both work perfectly.
I might mess with the ground and power wire and see what happens.
Drained the oil and gonna put in Penn break in oil and seat the rings sometime this week when it's not raining

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
5,750 Posts
It's aliiive!
Congratulation cheeky :up:!

Showed up full lean but read 14.7 a/f on kpro.
Tested the gauge and sensor and both work perfectly...
You mean on air? At least there the gauge and KPro should show the same value. What system are you using? External wideband controller?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Sweeeeeet!.. damn. I'm jealous lol I wish I can finally put time into mine! Congrats dude 🤘🤘🤘🤘

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #177
Congratulation cheeky :up:!

You mean on air? At least there the gauge and KPro should show the same value. What system are you using? External wideband controller?
Using aem uego, the uego shows full lean "---" on the gauge and kpro showed 14.7
Using external wideband in kpro, sec o2 disabled in kpro.
It's so strange, with ignition on / car not started the gauge reads fine (lean and rich) with tests and I'm getting the correct voltage to the signal wire.
I'm gonna start it up again today after work and see if it changes at all

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #178
Sweeeeeet!.. damn. I'm jealous lol I wish I can finally put time into mine! Congrats dude
Thanks!

I hear ya, life definitely gets in the way lol otherwise I would've spent way more time on it haha. You'll get there

·
Registered
165 Posts
Thanks!

I hear ya, life definitely gets in the way lol otherwise I would've spent way more time on it haha. You'll get there

Definitely bro.. I can't wait .. mine is a bit different I have a DA chassis to drop my setup in .. the DA chassis section has nooooo love lol
You should post a quick video of yours starting 👍

-migz

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #180
Definitely bro.. I can't wait .. mine is a bit different I have a DA chassis to drop my setup in .. the DA chassis section has nooooo love lol

You should post a quick video of yours starting

-migz
Yeah they really don't, they're underrated though cuz they look great.
I tried to but my videos don't show up, only my pictures are able to post. Unless I'm doing it wrong which could be..

161 - 180 of 207 Posts