Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

201 - 207 of 207 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #201
Torque delivery is not consistent. This could be from a fluctuating TPS or another sensor, having a similar issue. Also it can be from wrong stationary or transient fueling...likely more from transient. Also the deceleration setup could be done wrong (to wide engine speed range and load) so that the to controller modes fight each other at the transition area of both. To many possibilities to give an clear answer. Allways logs and calibrations checking....
Hmm okay, thanks for the response. It's pretty chilly here this week so I probably won't take the car out till sometime next week. I'll get some datalogs and if you happen to have time to look at them and see if you notice anything odd I'd really appreciate that.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
5,684 Posts
It's pretty chilly here this week so I probably won't take the car out till sometime next week. I'll get some datalogs and if you happen to have time to look at them and see if you notice anything odd I'd really appreciate that.
Holiday today...checked out the idle log, where idle speed is at 300-400 rpm. It is due to a too lean combustion. According the Wideband 1.23-1.25. I really wonder how combustion can work that lean. Anyway, it need to be enriched to get into setup idle speed.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #203
Holiday today...checked out the idle log, where idle speed is at 300-400 rpm. It is due to a too lean combustion. According the Wideband 1.23-1.25. I really wonder how combustion can work that lean. Anyway, it need to be enriched to get into setup idle speed.
Thanks for checking that out, I ended up adjusting the idle set screw on the TB and did the idle relearn and it has been okay at 850 since. But that's really weird it would get to 1.25, almost the same issue when I try to accelerate in low gear like I mentioned

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
5,684 Posts
Very good.

...But that's really weird it would get to 1.25, almost the same issue when I try to accelerate in low gear like I mentioned
I need to see it on the log. Either my lack of time to study your logs or something else on the engine is wrong, but actually I have no clear picture. I need a new log with a:
  • start
  • idle
  • crusing
  • acceleration in 4th gear from 2000 rpm till redline
  • some deceleration events down till idle speed if possible.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Definitely! How far along are you in your build?

I have pulled my d16 out ... im buying parts as i go usually something every pay cheque if i can .. so far i have
K20z3 engine needs a rebuild (iv fully disassembled )
( king engine bearings
Valex Clutch cable
Ktuned ep3 adj pulley
Ktuned 96-98 conv harness
Rsx shifter & cables . ktuned shifter plate
Rsx tbody & ktuned rbc adapter
Eg subframe , lcas , steering rackq
Rsx ecu .ktuned immobilizer bypass
Rsx engine & charge harness
Ktuned rad hoses
Ktuned water temp sensor & adapter
Hondata thermal intake spacer/gasket..
Still a looong way to go ... need
Hasport ekk2 mounts
rsx base axles
Rsx radiator
a trans mission
clutch and flywheel
starter
alternator
Engine rebuild or buy used healthy engine..

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #206
Very good.

I need to see it on the log. Either my lack of time to study your logs or something else on the engine is wrong, but actually I have no clear picture. I need a new log with a:
  • start
  • idle
  • crusing
  • acceleration in 4th gear from 2000 rpm till redline
  • some deceleration events down till idle speed if possible.
Sorry for the late response, I've put the car up for winter so it'll be a few months before I get that for you. It's been pretty frustrating so I'm sure it's a good thing it's up for now. I really appreciate the help, Lotus.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #207
I have pulled my d16 out ... im buying parts as i go usually something every pay cheque if i can .. so far i have
K20z3 engine needs a rebuild (iv fully disassembled )
( king engine bearings
Valex Clutch cable
Ktuned ep3 adj pulley
Ktuned 96-98 conv harness
Rsx shifter & cables . ktuned shifter plate
Rsx tbody & ktuned rbc adapter
Eg subframe , lcas , steering rackq
Rsx ecu .ktuned immobilizer bypass
Rsx engine & charge harness
Ktuned rad hoses
Ktuned water temp sensor & adapter
Hondata thermal intake spacer/gasket..
Still a looong way to go ... need
Hasport ekk2 mounts
rsx base axles
Rsx radiator
a trans mission
clutch and flywheel
starter
alternator
Engine rebuild or buy used healthy engine..
You definitely have a stockpile of parts, I'm sure you're excited to get the build process going. It'll be fun that's for sure. Do you think you're going to go towards a rebuild or just buying a new engine?

201 - 207 of 207 Posts