Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

181 - 200 of 207 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #181
Nevermind haha I figured it out but my files are too big. I'll post one up later today after I fire it up again

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
267 Posts
Nevermind haha I figured it out but my files are too big. I'll post one up later today after I fire it up again

Yea they are under rated. Hopefully I can do somewhat of a recap from my old build thread back in the day when NWP4LIFE was the place to be hahaha..

Btw name is miguel everyone knows me a migz
Cool to see forums are still alive and kicking ?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #183
Yea they are under rated. Hopefully I can do somewhat of a recap from my old build thread back in the day when NWP4LIFE was the place to be hahaha..

Btw name is miguel everyone knows me a migz
Cool to see forums are still alive and kicking
Didn't get a notification again! Sorry brotha.
A recap would be cool, keep me posted.

Nice to meet ya migz, I'm Quinn.
Hey by chance, do you have any knowledge about kpro/ datalogs? My car is running super rich so I don't leave it on for long and I can't figure out for the life of me why it is. I tried to get a couple datalogs running 2 maps off Hondata but I have no idea what I'm looking at.

·
Registered
267 Posts
That's weird but is cool bro I'm subscribed to your build ?.
Mind giving me a quick run down on what you have for setup? I'm not a tuner but certain things is pure common sense.
And also what map are you running on your kpro as we speak.. shit if you was near by I probably head to you and give you a hand.
As for the recap I cant wait I just need to get on it with work and the wife/kids no time lol besides new England is getting chilly now.

Migz

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #185
That's weird but is cool bro I'm subscribed to your build .
Mind giving me a quick run down on what you have for setup? I'm not a tuner but certain things is pure common sense.
And also what map are you running on your kpro as we speak.. shit if you was near by I probably head to you and give you a hand.
As for the recap I cant wait I just need to get on it with work and the wife/kids no time lol besides new England is getting chilly now.

Migz
Well, right now I have stock engine internals, 50* intake cam gear, k tuned intake, 70mm throttle body, intake manifold bored to 70mm, plm ram horn headers, no exhaust hooked up yet since I need to get it all welded, k tuned fuel rail, k tuned billet Hall throttle position sensor.

That'd be cool if you were closer to me haha. I don't know any people really familiar with Hondas around my area.

Right now, I have the "k20a2 stock tuned" map. Not the bone stock map they have.

It got kinda chilly here this exact week too! Went from 90 degrees last week to 50's now lol

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
6,275 Posts
...do you have any knowledge about kpro/ datalogs? My car is running super rich so I don't leave it on for long and I can't figure out for the life of me why it is. I tried to get a couple datalogs running 2 maps off Hondata but I have no idea what I'm looking at.
I can help you out cheeky, I do engine tuning since years and worked 9 years for an OEM engine company. Just PM me your Email, I will contact you if you like.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #187
I can help you out cheeky, I do engine tuning since years and worked 9 years for an OEM engine company. Just PM me your Email, I will contact you if you like.
I'd be extremely grateful, Lotus!

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
6,275 Posts
I'd be extremely grateful, Lotus!
I email'd you. Topics to be addressed:
  • A too high MAP at idle (68 kPa). Need an IM leakage investigation, please address this to all sealings and hose lines connected to the IM.
  • For cross check: TPS functionality, Closed TB plate position (blocked?), MAP value at ignition (Key lock position 1) on must be at atmospheric pressure
  • Wideband signal shows only a horizontal flat no irritated line (default value). Harness and sensor has to be checked.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #189 (Edited)
I email'd you. Topics to be addressed:
  • A too high MAP at idle (68 kPa). Need an IM leakage investigation, please address this to all sealings and hose lines connected to the IM.
  • For cross check: TPS functionality, Closed TB plate position (blocked?), MAP value at ignition (Key lock position 1) on must be at atmospheric pressure
  • Wideband signal shows only a horizontal flat no irritated line (default value). Harness and sensor has to be checked.
Sidenote, I haven't calibrated the k tuned TPS. I forgot about doing that. Would that make a big difference in any of the problems?

Edit: checked my MAP connector on the harness side and signal I'm getting 5v but the ground pin is getting 6v instead of, what I read I should be getting, 12v.. however, now with just ignition on I'm reading -.30"/psi
Checked the TB and the part that was showing was closed off and didn't lead to any part that would give a vac, or so it seems, but I adjusted it anyway so it's perfectly lined up with the IM.

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
6,275 Posts
Sidenote, I haven't calibrated the k tuned TPS. I forgot about doing that. Would that make a big difference in any of the problems?
It could be manifold, especially if the TB would have an issue at 0 % (fully closed) like not finally closed, just near of that due to an particle or wrong setup. Otherwise it can lead to an too early or to late stop of the idle speed control operation, means e.g. 5 % real is 0 % TPS, than idle mode will be kept until around 6 % opening before normal mapping kicks in.

...checked my MAP connector on the harness side and signal I'm getting 5v but the ground pin is getting 6v instead of, what I read I should be getting, 12v.. however, now with just ignition on I'm reading -.30"/psi
MAP signal is normally an analog 0.5-4.5 V signal. There is an internal ECU voltage diverter to set the 5 V net level for the signal pins (NTC's, Pressure transducer, ...)

Checked the TB and the part that was showing was closed off and didn't lead to any part that would give a vac, or so it seems, but I adjusted it anyway so it's perfectly lined up with the IM.
Following scenario. Idle MAP for stock cams is around 30-40 mbar, depending on see level. Your engine is on double of that. There must be a leakage which can be easily tested.

Spray a leakage spray on all interfaces of the IM. Let engine run in idle, hold your hand on the TB opening and close it completely, so that the IACV can't breath. You will see where the leakage is. Please log this Hands-On-TB-test. If your car stall immediately then start again and control the leakage with your hand to bring it to an operation point where it still runs, but produces a under pressure around 30-40 kPa absolute pressure in the Plenum.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #191
It could be manifold, especially if the TB would have an issue at 0 % (fully closed)

MAP signal is normally an analog 0.5-4.5 V signal. There is an internal ECU voltage diverter to set the 5 V net level for the signal pins (NTC's, Pressure transducer, ...)

Following scenario. Idle MAP for stock cams is around 30-40 mbar, depending on see level.

Spray a leakage spray on all interfaces of the IM. Let engine run in idle, hold your hand on the TB opening and close it completely, so that the IACV can't breath. You will see where the leakage is. Please log this Hands-On-TB-test.
My kpro shows TPS at 1% when fully closed and 86% at WOT at the TB. At the pedal the max I get to is 71% I'll have to adjust it to be true 0% this weekend.

Hopefully I find an o2 sensor for it and hook that up and see what that does for the engine.

I'll datalog that for you, hopefully this weekend. I do have my IACV plugged and disabled in kpro. And yes, that pesky leak better show up, I'm tired of this not being on the road!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #195
By fluke, I found a piece of an o ring in the fuel rail which must've been blocking fuel flow.
My fpr wasn't holding pressure after priming or after shutting the car down, but now it is.
A/F ratio reads perfect in kpro and on the new aem gauge.
Shouts out to aem customer service!
Drove it around a few miles and it bogs/ kind of surges in low rpm in first and second gear sometimes.
I'm chalking that up to not having a proper tune.

Gotta get the exhaust welded up and a tune!
Maybe before winter that'll be done..

·
Registered
30 Posts
It's aliiive!
First start up went really well, aside from my o2 acting odd. Showed up full lean but read 14.7 a/f on kpro.
Tested the gauge and sensor and both work perfectly.
I might mess with the ground and power wire and see what happens.
Drained the oil and gonna put in Penn break in oil and seat the rings sometime this week when it's not raining

i cant wait to be at the point of turning the key and hearing my k idle ..✊

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #199
Great, the K-engine now is discaged :D. If you need support for tuning, let me know it.
Oddly enough it's been acting up the past two days, at low rpm (1k to 2.5k) and in 1st to 3rd gears it'll sometimes bog/ hesitate and my a/f will drop to 5 or so for just a second or two and I can't figure out why. My only guess would be the tune on it since it's not an actual tune for all the mods I have. I checked my injectors and they aren't leaking, thinking it was fuel related. What do you think it could be?

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
6,275 Posts
Oddly enough it's been acting up the past two days, at low rpm (1k to 2.5k) and in 1st to 3rd gears it'll sometimes bog/ hesitate and my a/f will drop to 5 or so for just a second or two and I can't figure out why. My only guess would be the tune on it since it's not an actual tune for all the mods I have. I checked my injectors and they aren't leaking, thinking it was fuel related. What do you think it could be?
Torque delivery is not consistent. This could be from a fluctuating TPS or another sensor, having a similar issue. Also it can be from wrong stationary or transient fueling...likely more from transient. Also the deceleration setup could be done wrong (to wide engine speed range and load) so that the to controller modes fight each other at the transition area of both. To many possibilities to give an clear answer. Allways logs and calibrations checking....

181 - 200 of 207 Posts