Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
The main thing is extending the starter power cable and modifying the tabs on the alternator and starter cables to fit inside of the fusebox.What I do for the tabs is cut off the end that prevents it from sitting flush in the fusebox,than drill a hole through the remaining part of the tab so it can be bolted in place.

·
Registered
458 Posts
for mine i just extended both the starter wire and alternator wire, and loomed it. If you want to see it, i'll take a pic of it later today.

·
Premium Member
1,577 Posts
I did the same thing vuaccordla shows.
Thing is, I didn't wanna make a whole new wire harness using new wire; I used the existing EP3 charge harness I had and extended it using a couple of these cool 8-gauge wire couplers (no crimping involved at all); bought about 2.5 feet of 8 gauge wire at a Al & Ed's, measured how much I needed, inserted one end into the coupler & the OEM harness in the other end of the coupler, tightened them down and hid everything under some wire loom.

You can buy these couplers at Pep Boys or Kragen. I'll post a picture of it up shortly...

·
Registered
23 Posts
is this what you have to do if you use the rsx's harness? i have the whole harness even the part that connects to the ecu.

·
Registered
458 Posts
breed said:
is this what you have to do if you use the rsx's harness? i have the whole harness even the part that connects to the ecu.
make sure you keep them around you will eventually need them. there are two harnesses on the engine. engine harness and charging harness. you will also need some plugs that are in the rsx dash. Which are the
e-plug, black relay on the same harness of the e-plug (this powers the o2 sensor), and grey retangular also on that same harness of the e plug.

·
Registered
739 Posts
I dont think I am understanding this. I have the charging harness all the way to a little past the fuse box, I noticed that the alternator and the starter were connected to that harness. I was thinking that the hybrid harness would supply with the wire and whatnot for them. How will I have to run the wire? This would be my 1st swap and I dont know if my eg charging harness runs to the alternator and starter or not. If it does then i guess I could just lengthen those wires to work but if not then I dont know.

·
Registered
414 Posts
The Hybrid Harness Is basically just an adaptor harness for the K ecu and harness to the chassis power,ground and gauges.

The EG harness will not work on the K starter and alternator and the K charge harness will not work in the EG fuse box,which is why you have to either lengthen the K charge harness wires and modify the tabs that go into the fuse box,or integrate the eg starter/alt. wires into the K charge harness...Very simple.

·
Premium Member
1,577 Posts
josh green said:
so I could just take the wires out of the rsx charge harness, lengthen them and mod them to go into the eg fuse box?
YUP.
The gold tabs the will be going into the EG's fuse box will need have holes drilled into them so you can screw them down in the EG fuse box...

·
Registered
739 Posts
im a complete dummy when it comes to wiring, I havent done anything with it before. can someone give me a step by step writeup on which wires need to come out of the rsx harness and run all the way to the 2 little openings on the front of the eg fuse box??? im getting a friend to help and he wanted to know and It would be good for me to know.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.