Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Punishin' Bitches
2,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any of you guys with K20As R when buying these motors have any of you guys experienced getting a lemon meaning like running weak compression numbers and producing weak number when dyno;d? Im still waiting on purchasing my motor and want to know what my chances are here lol?

·
Banned
15,811 Posts
Since the motor is fairly knew I would not worry.. People have been getting cut harnesses and a few baf trannies... But I never heard of anyone being a blown K... Maybe if you buy it from Osaka.. lol

·
Registered
593 Posts
There are factory freaks and weak(sauce). We got a super cherry K20A still with the assembly lube on the valvetrain and inside the valve cover. But, she didn't perform too well on the dyno compared to the several other strong motors we've tested in the past. This one was down about 20hp. You win some, you lose some.

-Ron

·
Punishin' Bitches
2,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
edo said:
There are factory freaks and weak(sauce). We got a super cherry K20A still with the assembly lube on the valvetrain and inside the valve cover. But, she didn't perform too well on the dyno compared to the several other strong motors we've tested in the past. This one was down about 20hp. You win some, you lose some.

-Ron
Yea thats what im scared of. I hope the japaneese guy over in japan who had my motor broke it in right.

I remember on my old prelude i broke her in so good that with just an intake and a exhaust she did 14.5. Mind you this is in a heavy ass 5th gen prelude!

·
GoldStar
2,657 Posts
BolivianFuego said:
Yea thats what im scared of. I hope the japaneese guy over in japan who had my motor broke it in right.
that's the thing with second hand motors. it's all about the luck of the draw. who knows what the previous owner put it through. remember these are type r motors. the person who originally bought the car had the "r" in mind. :D i've been though over 5 jdm motors. and two of them were pretty dowged out. i don't even worry about it any more.
good luck with it. i hope you get a good one. :up:

·
Registered
433 Posts
Yeah, I recall a certain H22 swap I did a while back. The first H22 I installed ended up getting oil starved from a dent in the pan that went unnoticed. I returned the engine to my distributor and they sent me an H22 longblock that was out of an auto car. Man what a damn difference, the auto motor was 3 years older and pulled noticeably stronger. Gotta love granny drivin automatic cars.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.