·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
Come on what happened man :(

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
No worries I did not give up on the project just taking me for ever to get back on it. Doing the body work and paint was the biggest hold up but we finally did that a few weeks ago thank god :D here are some pictures below. We will drop the motor soon hopefully and I will post pics when we do we still have to figure out a few things.

Primed and ready for paint

pictures of the bay sprayed, I don't have pictures of it with clear so look for an update sometime soon.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Im lost, why is everyone telling you to change out the a4 pistons??? I was told it would always be fine to just slap a k20 head on that stock bottom. All you need is a head gasket and new head bolts. Btw sick accord!

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
Im lost, why is everyone telling you to change out the a4 pistons??? I was told it would always be fine to just slap a k20 head on that stock bottom. All you need is a head gasket and new head bolts. Btw sick accord!
Im confused at you being confused:confused: The K24a4 has a Valve to piston clearance issue because the a4 pistons are different from say the K24a2 or K24a1. K24a4 pistons Near the valve relief it protrudes up from the piston. The K24a1 or a2 are relatively flat. Search for it and you'll understand when you see pictures.

@CG6ACCORD-Cool Man ! I was getting depressed that I haven't seen anything in a while. lol

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Thanks man...

Not a project update but my homie who helped me on this project just passed away near Va Beach in a car accident. RIP Adam I can't believe your gone, this just makes the car even more sentimental then it was.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Sorry to hear about your friend. Hope the best for his friends and family.

This has been a long project. Nice to see you sticking with it, though!

·
Registered
233 Posts
98-02 honda accord shifter box and cable are not compatible although it may seem it is....its not do not be fool

·
Registered
233 Posts
and its not the pistons, its more the rods that should be switched.if you want more compression out the motor and dont want it in the high nines than yes u will have to switch the pistons. BUT THE ACCORD RODS FROM THE K24A4 SHOULD BE SWITCHED OR PREPARE FOR THE SNAP

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Sorry to hear about your friend. Hope the best for his friends and family.

This has been a long project. Nice to see you sticking with it, though!
Thanks I hope to show you guys soon enough when it's done thanks for the help.

98-02 honda accord shifter box and cable are not compatible although it may seem it is....its not do not be fool
I'm using a 03-07 accord 5spd shifter and box thanks.

Car will get done by winter and be on the road it's been long over due for me lol.

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
Thanks I hope to show you guys soon enough when it's done thanks for the help.

Car will get done by winter and be on the road it's been long over due for me lol.
NP Bro life happens. Take your time

·
...doesn't give a shit.
9,583 Posts
Nice build Dre. I'm glad to see you're making progress again. It always made me sad to see your car sitting in the driveway with your motor in the garage every time I went to Paul's. I'm sorry to hear about your friend.

Can't wait to see this finished.

61 - 80 of 82 Posts