Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

41 - 60 of 82 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
MAN WOW:wow: DAMN JUST HAD TO REVISIT AND I DON'T KNOW, I THINK YOU HAVE THE CLEANEST ACCORD OF ALL :D IN ON THIS. HOW DID YOU CLEAN THE TRANS TO LOOK LIKE THAT? PM ME

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Got more parts in but I'm ordering the manifold today, I have been thinking which is the best option for the wastegate location. I'm going to be going with the manifold in the first 2 pics.

DB fab (Danny Boy fabrication) T3 Sidewinder manifold

As you can see my engine bay has such a good amount of room but do you think the reservoir will get in tne way of the wastegate? I have the option of getting the wastegate flange on the top like this below like this setup I doubt hood clearance would be a problem but not 100% sure.

Top Wastegate setup

My Engine bay

·
Registered
82 Posts
Dre I did not know this was you! Whend you change your sn? and whens this thing gon be operational? I was gettin a lil depressed seeing it in the driveway this morning when I stopped by.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
It's getting there just in a blind with the manifold I need to know what to do, I'm kinda of worried of the wastegate location. I was thinking to have it mounted on top of the manifold over the turbo, I'm not sure if I have enough room with the reservoir in the way if I want to run this manifold as is like in the pic with the red civic running the same manifold ?

Danny told me who's doing mani for me that if I was worried with back space there would be a option to have the wastegate flange on the top over the turbo what do you think? it would suck to get this and have it rub on the reservoir so I'm leaning towards the top location. I could be wrong I could have enough room though at the same time I'm pulling my hair on this.

·
Registered
57 Posts
ur car sucks...LOL... nah bro runn it n/a first then put the turbo on..LOL...
u should be able to run it up top it looks like it will fit fine...

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Well I want to say thank you to Mike @ deatschwerks.com for sponsoring my project here are the injectors. Going to visit to the car and dropping off more parts in a few days to get things rolling again, we had 20 inchs of snow last week out of no where.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Well we made some progress yesterday installing the motor and manifold and other parts trying to see how everything fits before we do some fab work and more clean up of the engine bay before paint. We found out it's a little more work then it could be for instance the wastegate fitment is going to be tight but will work and will be welded on top of the manifold facing the turbo, the manifold fits well but the downpipe coming off of the turbo will touch the brake booster lines unless something is modified which will be done.

Unlike Civic's & Integra’s there is a lot of engine bay room but not so much in the back since the placement of K and J series motors are unusually more further back the those cars which is why these issues happen. 7th gen 4cyl radiator fits well in the car but it could be a little shorter but fits very snug under the hood. I'll post more updates in when I can.

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
OMG Nice Progress motor sits nice...Also lots of ROOM in that bay. Whats your current turbo set up and why?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
OMG Nice Progress motor sits nice...Also lots of ROOM in that bay. Whats your current turbo set up and why?
Thanks man I wish a bit more room in the back but it will work. Car is a street car something to drive around town on the weekends and maybe attend a few shows and track days.

Basic break down of setup looking to make about 400whp for street.

K24A4 Bottom end w/TSX Crank
k20z1 Ported head
Wiseco 87.5mm over sized 10:2.1cr Pistons
Wiseco Upgraded Wrist Pins
Blueprint Racing K24 H-Beam Rods
Blueprint Racing Pro-Spec Head studs
Cometic Headgasket
RBC intake manifold with Karcepts Adapter
K20A2 Oil pump & Baffle Plate
K24A4 Oil Pan
Fuel setup custom
800cc deatschwerks injectors
CRV Timing Mount
3" Custom Exhaust
Sidewinder Manifold
Precision SC61 Turbo
Velocity Stack
Custom Piping
Tial 44mm Wastegate
Tial BOV
K24 Accord 5spd transmission
K24 Axles & Half Shaft
Hasport Custom fab mounts
Competition Clutch stg 4
RSX-S OEM Flywheel
Mishimoto M-Line Intercooler
03-07 Accord Radiator
Weapon-R Catch cans PS/Rad/Oil w/ AN fittings
RSX Base ECU + KPRO
Custom Wire Tuck harness + Shaved Repainted Bay
ProSport Guges A/F/ Boost/ Oil

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Sorry for the hold up guys I had something’s from work and other personal things to deal with. I took a much needed break away from the automotive scene and this project, I’m now very anxious to finish this project and will be doing so very soon. I’m getting the bay painted the 2nd week of February and mounting the motor right after I’ll post some updates then.

If anyone also knows which shifter and linkage I should use? please let me know, I’m thinking either 03+ Accord 4cyl 5spd shifter and linkage or maybe a 5spd base RSX.

41 - 60 of 82 Posts