Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey lets say i bought a custom header for a k20 swapped into an ek. can i run lets say a gsr cat and my regular type r b-pipe? (also what best custom header is available out there for a k20 into an ek?) thanks.

·
Registered
122 Posts
mrsleepur said:
hey lets say i bought a custom header for a k20 swapped into an ek. can i run lets say a gsr cat and my regular type r b-pipe? (also what best custom header is available out there for a k20 into an ek?) thanks.
You will have to modify your b-pipe no matter what custom header you get. The DTR, Hytech and RCREW headers are alot longer than any stock header and will require modifications to your exhaust system. You should be able to run a GSR cat but the question is why? It's not like you are going to pass smog or anything. lol

·
Registered
797 Posts
is the jdm cat from a k20a the same length as previous years(dc2, ek9)? wanting to know so when mrsleepur and I do our swaps if i/we can run say a vision test pipe or spoon cat jack daily and when emissions come we can bolt up our k20 stock cat. i dont want to modify the midpipe more then once.
thanks and sorry if i jacked the thread, just thought it would correspond with this thread :?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.