Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My front end shakes like hell when I hit the brakes at 50-70mph. It feel like my front end gonna fall apart and it feel like its hitting some thing but it drive smooth and turn smooth. And when I hit the brakes at 10-40mph, my brakes feel like its bitting and letting go. Please let me know if this or anything similiar happen to them.

thanks

·
Registered
414 Posts
Well its a little hard for me to give you an exact diagnoses,but here's everything I would check if it were in front of me.

Calipers and lines for leakage and make sure calipers arent locking up.
Check bushings in front crossmember where radius arms go through,makes Sure bolts are still holding radius arms in.
Check lower ball joints
Lower control arm bushings
Jack car up and shake wheel,may take off wheel and shake spindle(listen for any strange noises)
Check brake fluid level
Check tires for any bulges or bald spots
Check to make sure each wheel has all lugs tightened

·
GoldStar
2,657 Posts
your rotors could be warped if you say that it feels like your brakes are bitting and letting go.
did you resently get your k swap? what kind of axles are you running?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Have'nt check the cross member yet but ever thing is fine except my upper control arm bushing. But I replace the whole intire control arm and it still sahking. The driver side shakes only. It feel like my driver side axle but my axle is nice and tigh.

thanks

fearless_dsm said:
Well its a little hard for me to give you an exact diagnoses,but here's everything I would check if it were in front of me.

Calipers and lines for leakage and make sure calipers arent locking up.
Check bushings in front crossmember where radius arms go through,makes Sure bolts are still holding radius arms in.
Check lower ball joints
Lower control arm bushings
Jack car up and shake wheel,may take off wheel and shake spindle(listen for any strange noises)
Check brake fluid level
Check tires for any bulges or bald spots
Check to make sure each wheel has all lugs tightened

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The brakes and rotors look fine but i still have the warrenties(HOW EVER YOU SPELL IT)on them so I'm just gonna go get some new one to see if it solve the problem. And I'm running hasport axles.

THANKS

98specR said:
your rotors could be warped if you say that it feels like your brakes are bitting and letting go.
did you resently get your k swap? what kind of axles are you running?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.