Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i have a 2002 rsx base model and just rebuilt the motor in it it originally had 89k if i put a battery in the car it starts right up but sounds like its running on 3 cylinders also i turn it off and try to start again and all it does is crank over it wont start so i unhook the battery and reset it and it will start back up no problem but still idles high and runs rough if you lower the idle car will stall out and wont start i am taking a huge loss on the car if i cant get it running right PLEASE HELP Jim Team RockStar

· Registered
439 Posts
i think one of your sensor is messed up, also do a compression test on each cylinder if you have the tools. check inside the each spark hole too. possible a crank position sensor, map sensor...more....get a scan tool.

· Registered
2,463 Posts
ill bet you put that crank position sensor sprocket on backwards.. I did this the first time i put my motor together. did the same thing.

You will have to take the timing cover off to see. It will say outside on one side of it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.