Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i took my k powered Eg to honda day at ACTO nj on the 23rd of nov..I was planning on running my car on the track to see wat numbers i get.(i never ran on the track)i always street race and with b series never street raced the K beforefirst time even driving that far..on the way it was fun as hell i had a 08 si try to pull on me also an ek coupe and a fully built gsr in EG hatch that runz mid12'z personal friend of mine..the 08 si down shifted right in front of me through that puff of smoke in my face and was out so i down shifted right after him and caught his ass QUICK and jus stood with him that he was so stuct he pulled over and jus followed me untill we hit the street lights and asks me wat you have under the hood i said a single cam worked he laughed and said BS i said ok i have the same motor you have he said no way and drove off...

Now the problem i had was sometimes when i took off from a light it would hit rev limiter at 5 1/2 an 6k and then other times it would go to 8k but when i needed to goto the 8k it wouldnt go..so i didnt wanna go and RUN on the track and embarass myself..

Does any one have any info on this problem

I have a K20aR and a PRC ECU in an EG..

·
Registered
431 Posts
I think you need to adjust the load

·
Went to the Dark Side
5,173 Posts
start saving man. kpro = best k series mod.
what engine type are you runnin k24a/k20a frank, regular k20a/a3/a3 or a k24?

it could just be the wrong ecu for the kinda engine you have, and if you have a frank you need kpro

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
start saving man. kpro = best k series mod.
I already started....lol... i have $70 already and counting lmao..!

what engine type are you runnin k24a/k20a frank, regular k20a/a3/a3 or a k24?
it could just be the wrong ecu for the kinda engine you have, and if you have a frank you need kpro
Im running a K20aR prc ecu...!

any check engine lights? it has to be a sensor that is causing this problem.
And yes i do have it on...but like i said im not to familiar with this swap stuff...:confused:

·
Registered
19 Posts
I am not that familiar with all K ECU but some have rev limiter in neutral that hold it to 5k or so. Could it be it thinks your in neutral, bad switch ?

·
Went to the Dark Side
5,173 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
well do you have a k20a or a k20a2 in the car cuz if you dont thats why its actin up
I have a K20aR and the PRC ECU

Need more info
What motor is in the car
What check engine do you have

Like many have stated get K pro or see if you can borrow someones and test car out

Marc P

I have a K20aR and a PRC ECU...and dont have friendz who have a k in their car they all think im dum for going K...but
who cares what they think cause i know i dont lol...:cool:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts