Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
oem gasket is flat thin metal with corrugations around the exhaust port exits. A one time only gasket after the corrugations have been flattened.

I have had three headers that came with those porous type gaskets and they all have leaked.
I've had a lot of success reusing embossed multi layer steel gaskets on exhaust systems. They seem to have enough spring to the steel to maintain the bulk of the embossed rib shape between uses.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Thank you for taking this picture! Absolutely not thread jacking, but a few questions:
I don't understand this concept and why it's only on the k24s. Doesn't this just create more surface area to get gunked up by blow by gases/oils?

Second question: why do the k24s have a different PCV valve than the k20s? They have that red washer looking thing? What is the difference to the plain bolt looking pcv and are they interchangeable?
I recently bought a k24 upper manifold to use the flange for my intake manifold project. While stripping it down, i noticed that the top cover plate is mainly a distribution block for the exhaust gas recirculation. There's a port cast in the manifold from egr port beside the coolant port that feeds the top plate cavity, from there, there's 4 small distribution holes. One to feed each runner. There are also another set of holes to feed a common pcv port. The gasket system is there to seal the separate egr and pcv systems.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts