Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Received the S2k pump today and from everything we can tell there will be a minor adjustment needed to the baffling but otherwise will fit. We are also going to be making a version of the pan with a notch in the front to fit the new cars that came from the factory with K series motors.

·
Registered
197 Posts
^ thats good news, my car (03 accord) came with a k24 so already buying one that will fit will be perfect, also waiting to hear more about the s2k pump with this oil pan. :up:

·
Registered
59 Posts
^ thats good news, my car (03 accord) came with a k24 so already buying one that will fit will be perfect, also waiting to hear more about the s2k pump with this oil pan. :up:
The notch needed for the newer cars might make the s2k impossible. We will try and test fit it however, from what we can see the notch needs to be were the s2k pump sits.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 · (Edited)
The notch needed for the newer cars might make the s2k impossible. We will try and test fit it however, from what we can see the notch needs to be were the s2k pump sits.

Has anyone with an ep3 thought of notching their frame?

This pan is being built to cater to multiple chassis. Most of the chassis in which this pan will be used (EG, EF, EK, DC, ETC) do not have clearance issues.

Also, 90% of the users using the s2k pump have swapped vehicles most likely in early chassis.

Unfortunately, it is difficult to manufacture a product to cater to EVERY vehicle that uses that type of engine not to mention the group of builders who want to use the s2k oil pump.

As for the FG guys. Manufacturing a pan that will have the mount location on it would be very difficult and expensive because it would have to have laser cut 1/2" thick side walls to accomodate the torque being loaded onto the pan itself. At that point, the pan becomes a structural part of the vehicle and it is just a very difficult product to design.

As jeff has stated, i have left canton but only due to personal reasons. I will try to help answer questions if jeff cannot.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Has anyone with an ep3 thought of notching their frame?

This pan is being built to cater to multiple chassis. Most of the chassis in which this pan will be used (EG, EF, EK, DC, ETC) do not have clearance issues.

Also, 90% of the users using the s2k pump have swapped vehicles most likely in early chassis.

Unfortunately, it is difficult to manufacture a product to cater to EVERY vehicle that uses that type of engine.

As for the FG guys. Manufacturing a pan that will have the mount location on it would be very difficult and expensive because it would have to have laser cut 1/2" thick side walls to accomodate the torque being loaded onto the pan itself. At that point, the pan becomes a structural part of the vehicle and it is just a very difficult product to design.

As jeff has stated, i have left canton but only due to personal reasons. I will try to help answer questions if jeff cannot.
what he said

·
Registered
59 Posts
PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE POST! We have some resolution to the issues. After speaking with several people entrenched in the industry along with doing some of our own independent research we have come to several conclusions. The issue with the RSX pump seems to be with cavitation when cars breach the 9000 rpm range, While this is an issue it seems to be a minor issue unless your car will see around 10k rpms consistently. The S2K pump since it was not originally designed for the application is placed off center as well as sitting in the shallow part of the pan, which is not ideal for how you want your pan and pump to be set up. You generally want the pickup to be sitting in the deepest part of the pan to prevent oil starvation. The placement of the RSX pump is better suited for road race cars with a good baffling set up. HOWEVER, we recognize a market for the S2k pump version and will make a run of them if we can get 10 people together for a group buy. The good news is we can notch the pan to work with the newer and older chassis to work with the s2k pump. If you want the version of the pan to work with the S2K pump PM Me and once I have at least 10 people together I will get it cleared with our GM to get the price (it will vary depending on how many people we sign on, we will set a cut off date for the initial run so that we can get as many people signed up as possible). Then we will take a half down deposit and we will start to make the run :up: After the initial run we will be keeping the engineering so that it can be made as a special order pan after that.

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
Sign me ip for the S2k list.

Thanks

·
Registered
59 Posts
I'd also like to know if the notched pan for the S2000 pump will fit a CM5/CL9 chassis.
So is it safe to say it will fit the ep3 chassis?

timot_one: we are just waiting on the aluminum version of the notched pan because the picture that IPG sent us of their stock pan has a different notch then the steel one that we have.

firmk20: the notch we will be making will be getting sent out to an ep3 chassis car to be test fitted so most it will. The only question will be if the notched pan will fit the s2k pump with our modified baffle location and setup.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I think most people would prefer a steel pan over an aluminum...there have been many people here who have cracked an aluminum pan on the road. I'd rather have a dented pan than a blown motor:rolleyes:
We aren't building an aluminum version, we are building the steel version. What I was referring to is the aluminum version of the stock pan has the correct version of the clearance notch that we need as opposed to the stock steel version is a little more vague and general with it's notch.

·
...doesn't give a shit.
9,581 Posts
Awesome! we are only 3 or 4 more away from being good to go. We are hoping to get this wrapped up soon and get the production started!
If the notched version can be used with the S2000 pump, I would also like to be on the list. Please PM me the details if it's possible.

21 - 40 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.