Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok this is my problem... i yesterday took out the integra and i let it warm up like always... and went for a ride... got on it a little bit ... and it ran hard...but all of a sudden when i shifted to 3rd i had no vtec... and since then the car spudders... and has no power or vtec....

i checked the codes and all i have is for a 39... but thats normal...

specs
k20a block k20a2 head prb intake
dc sports headers, 2.5 in exhaust no cat
prc ecu

wats ur opinons...

i checked the plugs and they are firing fine... the fpr is at 50... all sensors are connected...

REV LIMITER IS AT 6500RPM... W/ NO VTEC...

Stuff i did so far
coil packs and injectors are working
drained the gas tank put 5 gals of 93 oct
i disconnected the intake cam position sensor and nothing happened
i disconnected the exhaust cam position sensor and the car shut off... i then switched both of them and had the same results... so both sensors are working

when u disconnect the intake cam position sensor is there suppose to show a difference like the exhaust CPS...

i would like to know a.s.a.p. i am planning on registering the car 2morrow and i dont want to cause i wont have any money to fix it till next sunday... thanks

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
why don't u remap the ecu bro
I dont have kpro... i got a the jdm prc ecu.... can u do me a favor... can u start ur car and disconnect the intake cam position sensor its on the right side of the head there are 2 blue plugs they look the same just disconnect the first one and tell me if the car shuts off... it would be greatly appreciated...

·
Registered
22 Posts
kind of strange......

well not to go off topic but how many posts do i need on here to start a thread.. im tryin to post in motor swap for sale sec....

well hope this works out for the best

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well soemthing just died today... im thinkin its the injectors... i tried starting the car and it starts really hard like its got blown cylinders... i did a compression test and its a t 205-205-210-215... i checked spark and all 4 plugs are sparking strong too... pullin the injectors now... see if they are working... yesterday they were... but its gotta be something... it really sounds like the motor is outta of timing... but its right on point...

·
Premium Member
4,224 Posts
Hmm good thing the motor has compression.

Let us know how the injectors test out.

Is there anyone local with a Kswap or an RSX so you can test the Type R ECU?

Anything strange happen when the car started acting funny? You hit a bump? Use different gas?

Will

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hmm good thing the motor has compression.

Let us know how the injectors test out.

Is there anyone local with a Kswap or an RSX so you can test the Type R ECU?

Anything strange happen when the car started acting funny? You hit a bump? Use different gas?

Will
well i checked injector pulse and they all have a constant and a injector pulse... i asked somebody on this site that lives in pa that is possibly going to come w/ there k-pro and extra injectors on thursday... but i dont want to waste his time if i can find out the problem on my own...

also this happened out of nowhere... the car ran for about a month... w/ no issues ... just o2 sensors... but thats fixed...

i was driving a couple days ago... and i got on it from 1st gear... and it ran hard till i got into 3rd and then thats when the problem accorded... the car wont rev past 6500 and i have no vtec... and its been like there since then...

i feel like ive done it all to diagnose the problem....

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
and the spudder i am talkin about is at idle not when im driving... it sounds like i have aggressive cams... but i dont they are stock a2 cams...

about the gas i just emptied the tank, put a walbro fuel pump, and 5 gals of 93 oct...
there is no difference...

i once had this problem w/ a built ls-v i put together... and it was all because of the injectors i had when i drove it would do hold back at 7K rpm and not accelerate...

im striving its something small as injectors...

·
Premium Member
4,224 Posts
I am just going to throw random things out there, they may sound random and unrelated but I figure in these cases its almost always random and unrelated.

Fuel Filter?

What happens to the voltage and ground at the injectors and coil packs when you hit the spuddering...

Did you have a passenger in the car? Maybe they kicked some wires around?

What happens to your battery voltage when it starts to spudder...

Grounding issue...

Speedo working fine?

Can you swap injectors and ECU from someone local?

What is the voltage at the 2 cam sensors when you hit the rev limiter..

Do you have Kpro?

:eek:

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I am just going to throw random things out there, they may sound random and unrelated but I figure in these cases its almost always random and unrelated.

Fuel Filter?

What happens to the voltage and ground at the injectors and coil packs when you hit the spuddering...

Did you have a passenger in the car? Maybe they kicked some wires around?

What happens to your battery voltage when it starts to spudder...

Grounding issue...

Speedo working fine?

Can you swap injectors and ECU from someone local?

What is the voltage at the 2 cam sensors when you hit the rev limiter..

Do you have Kpro?

:eek:
spedo works... i have to check voltage on the injectors and coil packs... but CJM is coming 2morrow if it doesn't snow up my way... ill post up tomorrow... hes coming through w/ alot of help... ill post up after he comes 2morrrow... good looks colin...

·
Premium Member
1,851 Posts
try a different map sensor if you can get access to one, any k series should work

also, swap out with a friends battery. Only reason i say this is i am randomly having a somewhat similar problem, finally caught the CEL through kpro when i had my laptop in the car one day. Cel was "daughter board low voltage upon start up" didnt even have a number beside the code though.

·
trial user
12,673 Posts
My car threw a crank angle sensor code. Changed the sensor and it would still stutter at @ 3K. Turned out to be the crank angle sensor plug that was vibrating enough to make a gap and break the circuit. Put the car in neutral and keep a constant 3K while some one pulls the sensor pig tails. If the car repeats the symptoms then you've got the problem singled out. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ive done that... the only sensor that does anything is exhaust CAS... the intake CAS doesn't make a difference... and i asked someone on here to disconnect the sensors and let me know there outcome and all it did was throw a CEL when the Intake CAS is disconnected and shut the car down when the exhaust CAS is disconnected... so i know everything there is working properly...

1 - 20 of 62 Posts