Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to power shift a S2000 six speed transmission at 8000 or 9000rpm? I know that this can be done on a K20 transaxle, but I would like to know if the S2000 transmissions will handle this. I have been told that you will have to lift off the throttle when shifting. Is this true? I am building a RWD car and need to know if the S2000 transmision can be used.
Thanks, Peter

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
That's like asking, "Can I take my S2000 off a jump?"

Yes you can, but it puts the drivetrain under severe stress and you're pushing your luck in doing so. If you're rich or just don't care, the answer is, "No problem, go ahead," but if you aren't rich, value your time, and/or use the car as a daily driver, the answer is "no, not smart."

Your choice.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am not asking about abusing a Honda S2000, but rather asking about the transmisions's ability to be power shifted..........shifting at high rpm without lifting of the throttle. This is possible with the transaxles. Can you do it with a S2000 transmission. Can anyone answer this question?
Thanks, Peter

·
Registered
352 Posts
I've done it, but mine was brand new. Lol, so it was still under warranty, no fucks given.
I am not asking about abusing a Honda S2000, but rather asking about the transmisions's ability to be power shifted..........shifting at high rpm without lifting of the throttle. This is possible with the transaxles. Can you do it with a S2000 transmission. Can anyone answer this question?
Thanks, Peter
Figured this answered your question.........:huh:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts