·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what s the differnce between

14110-RL5-000 intake camshaft of 2nd TSX gen
and
14110-R44-A00 intake camshaft from 2012 HONDA ACCORD

the price that i know but what else ??!!

·
Registered
3,072 Posts

·
Premium Member
592 Posts
no... the tsx outputs 201HP and 170LB-FT or torque. The accord outputs 190HP and 162LB-FT of torque. The compression is slightly different, but not enough to make up that 11HP. So no... the accord cam will not yield more power than the 09+ TSX

·
Registered
241 Posts
Is it worth the hassle?? um, to buy a new (used even) set of cams, you'll still need hondata, and it might be better, cheaper to buy the 06-08 tsx cams (more frequent to find), and have it wound up with a cheaper rsx pinned vtc.. wasn't there an issue about them fitting length wise, and the whole 09 acci/tsx gen II vtc having to be machined to 45 degree stop????
i dunno, the new ones aren't on the market that long, perhaps some 'juevenille' errors shall happen??? long term testing etc.. daily use/abuse...
just my .02 FR
Mounty

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i haven't found tsx 0708 cams intake in used .. for this time only new one at 400 $ :s
and for the vtc i ve a PND now not an rbc from rsx... i haven 't found one, hope that will be ok to...

·
Registered
315 Posts
I think you've all missed the question.

I think He's on about 2nd gen tsx chassis CU2

And our 8th gen accord chassis code also CU2

Intake cams are the same.

·
Premium Member
592 Posts
I think you've all missed the question.

I think He's on about 2nd gen tsx chassis CU2

And our 8th gen accord chassis code also CU2

Intake cams are the same.
Doesn't make sense that it would be the same if one is a RL5 and one is R44. Let's say for instance that they are the same profile, they just changed the part number because one is an Acura and one is a Honda. Then why would they also use the RL5 Camshaft in the USDM 2012 Honda Civic Si?

That's the main reason why I believe the cam profiles are definitely not the same from 09+ TSX to 2012 Accord.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Doesn't make sense that it would be the same if one is a RL5 and one is R44. Let's say for instance that they are the same profile, they just changed the part number because one is an Acura and one is a Honda. Then why would they also use the RL5 Camshaft in the USDM 2012 Honda Civic Si?

That's the main reason why I believe the cam profiles are definitely not the same from 09+ TSX to 2012 Accord.
Oh ok i stand corrected then.

i was under the impression they where the same.

my bad.

·
Registered
2 Posts

Hey can you put 12-15 civic si
cams in 08-12 accord ? Anyone know

1 - 15 of 15 Posts