Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i started tearing down my motor today.....for awhile now, i kept going back on forth on either just putting it in without tearing it down or tearing it down so i know whats going in my car..........i decided to tear it down, just cause im the kinda person that likes to know everything was done right and all bolts are tourqed to spec and nothing is missing, so far its been good, drained old oil(no metal shards or anything shiny:up:) well now im to the point where i need to take the crankshaft pulley off so i can remove the timing chain cover.....my question is what can be used to hold the pulley....i looked in the helms manual and found the part numbers for the honda tool to do so, but i dont wanna pay for a $120 tool that ill use like 2 or three times, what did you guys do?

·
Registered
106 Posts
check ebay or amazon for a honda crank pulley tool. they are usually around 30.00 bux

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
I use the tool from Amazon. Like a long breaker bar with the Honda hex fitting for the CP. Pretty much mandatory IMO. Good luck.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Well, I went to my local honda shop and asked very nicely. They let me take it out to swap crank pulleys. But then again... I know the head mechanic. :silly:

·
Registered
120 Posts
I threaded two of the flywheel bolts part way in and stuck my 1/2 inch drive ratchet handle between them and the engine stand :rolleyes: worked very well.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1 - 8 of 8 Posts