Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any good cams you guys would recommend that i can still rock stock valvetrain?
Thanks in advance:cool:

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
toruku street cams

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
bumpppp

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
do the stock spring/retainer combo that ips and crower recommend. yellow outers, red inners and k20a2 retainers. basically s2000/06+ si valvetrain. that combo is proven to 8900rpm i believe and comes with honda factory reliability.

·
Premium Member
764 Posts
do the stock spring/retainer combo that ips and crower recommend. yellow outers, red inners and k20a2 retainers. basically s2000/06+ si valvetrain. that combo is proven to 8900rpm i believe and comes with honda factory reliability.
That is stock only in the sense that it uses parts made by Honda. The TS will not have those parts on his car, he would have to buy them.

My opinion: Buy cams that provide the level of performance you are looking for regardless of what springs they require. Springs don't cost that much compared to cams, at least compared to cams worth having. If you aren't going up to at least a Stage-2 cam, then don't bother, just keep what came in the car and drive it.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
to clear things a bit toruku street cams don't need any oem valve train swapping they work with any stock type-s, 06 & up k20z civic si or tsx valve train.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.