Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey

I have a built K20a. The head is Port + Polished. Crank is polished. Blcok rebore 86mm. Ferrera Valves(3Angle Job), J.E Pistons(12:5), Crower stage 2 cams, Scat rods. It was tuned it hit 205 to wheel(I think I can get more out of it!).

Anyways I want to get better cams so my question is which are better IPS k10's, IPS KXV's, or THE NEW(they came out with a new set cause the ones they had originally sucked!) Skunk2 Stage 3 Cams??? :confused:

Some people say the new Skunk 2 Stage 3's r just like the IPS Cams?

Also wanted know which would be the BEST Spark Plugs for my set up?? I'm currently using Stock Type S (NGK Ir.). Someone told me to use Denso but I was once told to use Denso only if I were to go Turbo?? :confused:

Any help or suggestions would be great help!!

·
Premium Member
4,294,967,295 Posts
Stock plugs are fine.
What are your plans for the motor?
If you are keeping it a 2.0L I would get the new IPS K2 MkIII cams.
Those, with a good header, preferably custom built, and the new IPS mani for the 2.0L and you will have a beast of a motor. :up:

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Stock plugs are fine.
What are your plans for the motor?
If you are keeping it a 2.0L I would get the new IPS K2 MkIII cams.
Those, with a good header, preferably custom built, and the new IPS mani for the 2.0L and you will have a beast of a motor. :up:
Plans: I want to get more power!!!! Thanks for the suggestion will look into it!:dance:

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
K24 for sure if it is feasible for you.

Your built K20A should have made alot more than 205 with a set of stage2 cams, at least another 20+ whp.

My stock bottom end K20A2 with Z3 head and K2's(mkI) with a cat in the exhaust made 238whp with the rev's limited to 8200.

I use Denso IK22's and have never had an issue with them.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
K24 for sure if it is feasible for you.

Your built K20A should have made alot more than 205 with a set of stage2 cams, at least another 20+ whp.

My stock bottom end K20A2 with Z3 head and K2's(mkI) with a cat in the exhaust made 238whp with the rev's limited to 8200.

I use Denso IK22's and have never had an issue with them.
dam i must of have been havin a bad day! will see next time! thanks 4 ur feedback:dance:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts