Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I will be selling my M62 CT charger soon and running with a kraftwerks rotrex race kit, will be tuning it to somewhere between 400~430whp as this is the expected power output that the current setup should cope with nicely.

This is for a circuit time attack car and I specifically require a very powerful/potent power band between 6500~8500 as the tacho never drops below these revs....

So what cams FI or NA would be the go? Keep in mind this is a type r motor and the comp is 11:5:1. I want to be running under 9~10psi boost if possible... from my research seems that it is :)

·
Registered
962 Posts
400-430WHP seems high for only 9-10psi of boost

·
Infinite levels to this..
25,372 Posts
Hi Guys,

I will be selling my M62 CT charger soon and running with a kraftwerks rotrex race kit, will be tuning it to somewhere between 400~430whp as this is the expected power output that the current setup should cope with nicely.

This is for a circuit time attack car and I specifically require a very powerful/potent power band between 6500~8500 as the tacho never drops below these revs....

So what cams FI or NA would be the go? Keep in mind this is a type r motor and the comp is 11:5:1. I want to be running under 9~10psi boost if possible... from my research seems that it is :)
I don't think you will see 400 on a c30 or c38 at 9-10psi on a stock R. You need to remember your revving to 8500 and figure out your pulley setup so you don't burn up the rotrex that you desire. Also the rest of your setup will play a factor as well(i.e. exhaust, header, tune, etc)

from what i seen alot of people are using the skunk 2 stage 3 cams...
i wouldn't claim s2 stg3 cams for every motor that sees a rotrex. that's not a true statement. I have seen good gains with ips k2 with type r's. something more along those lines of cams would be idea to start off with or even the stock R cams would do good with a rotrex.

400-430WHP seems high for only 9-10psi of boost
it is

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
contact hytech, guarantee they have a cam made for boost on k series with a supercharger. they have like 9 different cam profiles to choose from. On my b series i went with the biggest all motor intake cam. and a descent exhaust cam. try to avoid overlap. Adjustable cam gears are your friend.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I don't think you will see 400 on a c30 or c38 at 9-10psi on a stock R. You need to remember your revving to 8500 and figure out your pulley setup so you don't burn up the rotrex that you desire. Also the rest of your setup will play a factor as well(i.e. exhaust, header, tune, etc)

i wouldn't claim s2 stg3 cams for every motor that sees a rotrex. that's not a true statement. I have seen good gains with ips k2 with type r's. something more along those lines of cams would be idea to start off with or even the stock R cams would do good with a rotrex.

it is
on a stock type r no he wont see 400 on 10 psi.. but he is asking about cams so i am taking it he has some plan on building the head.. a stock type-s has made close to 370whp with 11.1 on 14 pounds .. so a type-r with a built head and 13 to 15 pounds should give him the power he wants with the right pully set up

im not claiming that the s2 stg3 cams are for everyone but y pay 1500 for k2's when go pwr stg 1 are bigger and cheaper and s2 stg 3 have been used to make some very good power with a c38..
yosolo made over 460 whp with a built head with s2 stg3's and a stock tes block and if im not mistaken that was on 10 psi

agreed

·
Registered
237 Posts
I have some Ips-Ksc cams for sale if your intrested, I originally purchased it for my at that time Future K20a2 Rotrex set up. Long story short..

-first rotrex s/c k20a3 in the us
-had plans to be first k20a2 in the us (life happen)

still have my IPS-ksc.. never had the chance to put this thing on, according to ron from ips this was the best idel cams profiles for superchargers.

Sorry there is no known dyno or tune for this setup that i know of but from the looks on the roots style it had promises...

pm if your intrested.

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts

·
Pepsi Soprano
1,365 Posts
on a stock type r no he wont see 400 on 10 psi.. but he is asking about cams so i am taking it he has some plan on building the head.. a stock type-s has made close to 370whp with 11.1 on 14 pounds .. so a type-r with a built head and 13 to 15 pounds should give him the power he wants with the right pully set up

im not claiming that the s2 stg3 cams are for everyone but y pay 1500 for k2's when go pwr stg 1 are bigger and cheaper and s2 stg 3 have been used to make some very good power with a c38..
yosolo made over 460 whp with a built head with s2 stg3's and a stock tes block and if im not mistaken that was on 10 psi

agreed
you call tired springs and retainers a built head .
its funny you say yosolo made 460+ . the motor made 460+ he tuned it
I helped jeff16 with the motor and head and supercharger install.

nothing against yosolo he is a great friend and even greater tuner but you just have to word things right and give the credit to who is deserving.
in this case jeff16 and yosolo.and me for fixing the tranny that breaks because of that damn supercharger.

·
Infinite levels to this..
25,372 Posts

agreed
it sounded like he wanted to use his stock block and i said "or something along those lines" as in something comparable to the k2s range. there's cams out there that are easily comparable to the k2s if you don't want to pay ips prices.

someone's sellin the sc1 for 800 as we speak in the f/s section.

biggest isn't always best for a setup also. not knocking go power either. just saying.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ended up running with the Brian Crower Stage II FI cams along with titanium retainers and springs....

The engine is running some very long custom race headers, twin 2.5" exhausts along with a proper cold front mounted air intake so flows like a virgins badge...

It will also be running an air-air front mount intercooler (with very little pressure drop) along with water/meth injection.

The goal is to reach 400 whp with around 10 psi at no more than 8500 rpm.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
1 - 13 of 13 Posts