Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of you guys may know that Im coming down to the last few things on my k24/20 swap.

The numbers thus far are 211whp and 165tq. Were aight with that but not jumping up and down with joy to be honest with you. BTW the engine has 11.1's and some mild head work, KPro and I.H.E.

The guys building the car are also a little let down by these numbers and want to throw some cams in there....at half there cost.

So heres my problem, do I go with the stock R cams or jump up to the stage1 or 2 Crower cams? I dont know what kinda increase to expect with the R cams but I like the factory reliability about them.

This is my daily driver plus autox/drag car. I also drive it to out of state events as far away as 1000 miles one way. Of course its not my only car but but I dont trailer it to any events.

So....what numbers would you expect to see with these cam choices and is there any issues with reliability?

THANKS! DAN.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
593 Posts
You should ask Hotwheelz for help with the Crower stg. 2 since he's got the TSX engine. If your shop is willing to get you cams at that price, go for it. Otherwise, try to get some ITR cams for testing purposes only. I think there would be some people willing to send you a set at no charge provided you return them in a timely manner.

-Ron
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
edo said:
You should ask Hotwheelz for help with the Crower stg. 2 since he's got the TSX engine. If your shop is willing to get you cams at that price, go for it. Otherwise, try to get some ITR cams for testing purposes only. I think there would be some people willing to send you a set at no charge provided you return them in a timely manner.

-Ron
Thanks Ron, unfortunantly I live three plus hours from the shop and while theyre my BoyZ (lol) I still would want to be in control of the borrowed cams to make sure they got sent back in time...

I guess I should clarify I realize you cant send the cams but if another shop were to.

Any other thoughts guys?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
V8KO said:
So heres my problem, do I go with the stock R cams or jump up to the stage1 or 2 Crower cams? I dont know what kinda increase to expect with the R cams but I like the factory reliability about them.

THANKS! DAN.
Go Stage 2's w/o a doubt as long as you're getting the spring/retainer kit (#84164) or running the factory dual setup w/dished stock retainer (1.625" inst ht).

The Stage 1's are a waste of time and will probably be discontinued.

Thanks,

Brian
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
CrowerCams said:
Go Stage 2's w/o a doubt as long as you're getting the spring/retainer kit (#84164) or running the factory dual setup w/dished stock retainer (1.625" inst ht).

The Stage 1's are a waste of time and will probably be discontinued.

Thanks,

Brian
Brian, Lol thats great your so honest about your own products. :up:

SO what do you think...20-24 whp adding the Stage 2 3/4 cams?

Dan.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,171 Posts
how about them what? this thread is 2 years old?
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top