Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a copy of there Cam angle Maps????
I'm interested in trying to find the best setting to run my VTC cam at, giving that it will be set at one angle and not adjustable...
My car has been having alot of other development done to it and now its up to the part of getting more power put up it... So finding the optimum Cam angle is a difinate place to start..
Any help would be much appreciated..

Also does anyone know of any K20A's running the Toda VTC killer cam gears???

·
Premium Member
4,224 Posts
non vtec said:
Does anyone have a copy of there Cam angle Maps????
I'm interested in trying to find the best setting to run my VTC cam at, giving that it will be set at one angle and not adjustable...
My car has been having alot of other development done to it and now its up to the part of getting more power put up it... So finding the optimum Cam angle is a difinate place to start..
Any help would be much appreciated..

Also does anyone know of any K20A's running the Toda VTC killer cam gears???
I know when Vtec kicks in mine is at about 45. I will see if i can get my maps from the K pro.

·
Registered
359 Posts
On a relatively stock jdm k20a motor in an EK, I have found the best high rpm cam angle to be around 40 degrees (give or take a couple) from 6000 rpm to 7500, and then gradually changing to around 30 degrees from there on up to 8500 or so.. I'd say you should ditch whatever ecu you're using that can't adjust cam angle, and buy the hondata k-pro. There are definate gains to having adjustable cam angle control, and is well worth the money spent.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I dont need to run adjustment below 6500 since the car never drops that low in the rev's.. As for dropping my computer and running a K-pro, the thought was there but since I only need half the wiring loom to run the motor compared to a K-Pro I think I prefer what I have, plus since I already have over 200whp whats 5hp difference between a K-Pro and Adjustable Cam gears.. You never know I might end up running more power with set gears..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts